Chapter 15: burning fang

Mitch, Carol and Kali were fighting the fang members storming the building, though having a veteran of an unknown war gave the white fang members trouble.

Suddenly the bat faunus crashed through the skylight and tackled Mitch, choking him out.Mitch, who was tough, didn't want to go out without a fight, managing to break free from the bat faunus' grasp and quickly retaliating with a swift punch to the jaw.

Just then Carol kicked the faunus back, shooting him with her pistol.

Meanwhile Blake and Kerry were face to face with Ilia.

"Did you come in here to hide?" Blake taunted.

"I told you, I didn't want this," Ilia responded.

"Then why the fuck are you here then?" Kerry shouted in anger.

"I don't have a choice!" Ilia said.

"Of course you do!" Blake and Kerry said it in unison, though Blake was trying to be persuasive while Kerry was angry.

Ilia didn't say anything, she just looked away.

"You not hear, the white fang are allied with a fucking ruthless gang!" Kerry shouted. "You seriously think the white fang are doing this for the faunus now? Open your eyes, Ilia!"

Ilia's expression softened slightly, but she remained silent, clearly conflicted.

"so, you think I'm wrong?" Kerry asked, trying to gauge her reaction. "so fucking be it!"

The two then walked away from the room but not from the argument, however Ilia took this in advantage and leaped from the balcony and charged at Blake and Kery, but Blake's semblance disappeared, whereupon they reappeared a few feet away behind Ilia.

Blake held her weapon in a defensive stance; Kerry, on the other hand, used his semblance, creating mantis blades out of his arms in an aggressive-like defense.

Ilia then began to attack the two, her weapon in whip mode and lashed out towards them.

Blake dodged and rolled to cover while Kerry swung his mantis blades at the whips attack, parrying the strikes.

Ilia was getting angry at Kerry for blocking her attacks, and her strikes became faster and more aggressive.

"die already human!" she shouted, her eyes glowing with intensity.

Blake, who managed to sneak around the chaos and used the ribbon on her weapon to wrap around Ilia's wrist, whereupon Ilia wass pulled toward Blake, followed up with the latter kick to Ilia's abdomen, sending her hitting the ground hard.

This gave Kerry time to take cover and regain his breath.

Soon Blake and Ilia locked weapons in a fierce duel, each determined to come out victorious.

"Why do you feel like we have to hurt people to get our way?!" Blake said.

"Because it works!" Ilia grunted from the blade lock.

"That doesn't make it right! The tyger claws are criminals who kill for money and power, they won't help the Faunus, they will only divide us further!" Blake classified.

Ilia then pulled the trigger on her weapon, generating an electrical charge that causes Blake to drop her katana, sending a few feet away from her.

Blake then drew her cleaver, but Ilia jumps from the desk and does a turn kick that knocks Blake over another desk, causing her to drop her weapon.

Ilia whips at Blake again, but she uses her Semblance to get out of the way and take cover behind a desk.

Kerry then got out of cover, used his semblance to create a projectile launcher arm and fired at Ilia, distracting her long enough for Blake to pick up her weapon and defend herself.