13

We were currently sitting in Mom's office, each with a present that had a bow on it, on our laps. We looked at it and up at Mom.

"Oh, go on. Open it," Mom pestered. "What's the occasion?" Henry asked. "The occasion is I love you. Go on," Mom told us. We opened our presents and each pulled out a video game.

"Now, I know you two miss your book, but with this, you can do the heroics. You can save the princesses, you can be the hero. Henry, Ava, you have to believe me. When I tore down the playground, I did it for your safety. Please, don't be upset with me. I really didn't mean to destroy your book," Mom told us.

I didn't believe her.

"It's not just the book," I whispered. "Okay, then what is it?" Mom asked. "It's Emma - we want to see her," Henry explained. Mom looked at us sadly.

The door opened and Kathryn walked in. "Regina have you got a min- I'm sorry," Kathryn said.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Kids, why don't you get home and start your homework? I'll be there in a bit and we can have dinner," Mom told us. We left and walked home.

Mom came home later that night and we had dinner. She made us go to bed and we reluctantly did. We then woke up the next morning and got ready. We went to school and after, sat on the bench outside.

We took out our video games and started playing. Emma walked up and sat down next to us with a big bag. "Wow, I love that game. Space Paranoids, right?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, our mom got it for us," I answered. "I use to play that all the time when I was a kid," Emma told us. I died in the game and groaned. Emma sat next to me and touched my wrists. "Relax - it's all in the wrists," Emma told me.

I passed a level and smiled at Emma. Henry looked at the time and said, "our mom's picking us up in, like, five minutes."

"Alright. I'll be quick, then. I just have something I'd like to give you kids," Emma said as she took our book out of the bag she had. My face lit up and so did Henry's. "You found it! Where'd you get it?" I asked.

"I found it in a gutter. It must have fallen off the dump truck on the way to the junkyard and got tossed around in the rain. And, somehow, made its way back to me," Emma answered.

"Wow, that's crazy," Henry said. "What other explanation could there be?" Emma asked. "I don't know," Henry answered. "Well, whatever happened, it came back to me," Emma smiled.

"Maybe it means our luck is changing. Operation Cobra is back on. It's a sign. Things are going to get better," I smiled. "I hope you're right, kid. I got to go," Emma told us. She got up and left.

I hope things were changing for the better. I smiled at Henry and we walked home, hand in hand.

______________________

Gosh, do you see how much the scenes that Henry are in have gone down? That's so sad :(((((((
Anyways, this is from the thirteenth episode. What Happened To Fredrick? Hope you liked it!

❤️Luv you❤️
-K

______________________