17

I saw Emma walking towards us at the police station with Mr. Gold. "Henry, Ava. What are you two doing here?" Emma asked. "We came to congratulate you," I told her. "For what?" Emma asked.

"Your genius plan," Henry said. "And what plan's that, Henry?" Mr. Gold asked. We both shut up. He wasn't in on it like we thought. We couldn't let him know what we know.

Mr. Gold stared at us and then said, "Right." He left and we turned to Emma. "Sorry. We thought Mr. Gold was in on it, now that he's Ms. Blanchard's lawyer," Henry explained.

"In on what?" Emma asked. "The escape plan," I told her. "Sheriff, could you join me, please?" Mr. Gold asked from the other room. We joined Mr. Gold and he said, "She's gone." He pointed to an empty cell and Emma stood there shocked.

"Kids, what did you do?" Emma asked. "Nothing. She was gone when we got here," I told her. "Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there..." Mr. Gold trailed off.

"She's a fugitive. Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not - she's screwed. I have to go find her before someone notices she's missing," Emma said. "Oh, you mean Regina?" Mr. Gold asked. Emma stayed silent but we all knew she was agreeing.

"The arraignment's at eight A.M. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory," Emma said. "Well, you have until eight A.M., then," Mr. Gold told her. "Uh, what about us? How can we help?" I asked. "Go home," Emma directed.

"Emma, if she leaves Storybrooke..." Henry trailed off. "Not now, kids. Come on," Emma said. "Miss Swan, I know time is of the essence, but if Ms. Blanchard doesn't return... Her future's in jeopardy. And if you're caught helping her, so is yours," Mr. Gold pointed out. "I don't care. I'd rather loose my job than my friend," Emma said.

With that, we went our separate ways. Henry and I went home. We waited for a call or something from Emma, but nothing came. I hope she was okay. I went to bed that night worrying about her.

We woke up the next morning and got dressed. I put my hair in its normal braid as Henry grabbed food for us. We left for school and got there early so we decided to sit on a bench in front of school. "I hope Emma's okay," I said. "Me too," Henry agreed.

"Kids. Well, I found Mary Margaret," I heard. We turned and saw Emma. She walked over and sat next to us. I sighed happily. Emma was okay. "How is she?" Henry asked. "She's okay. Other than being on trial for murder, she's fine," Emma told us.

A group of kids walked by and I saw Paige. "Hi, Ava. Hi, Henry," Paige said. I waved at her and she walked off. "Who is that?" Emma asked. "Her name is Paige. She goes to school with us," I answered.

"Kids, do you have your storybook with you? Can I read it?" Emma asked. "Yeah. Why?" Henry asked. "I'm just curious about something," Emma explained. Henry took out the book and gave it to Emma. She flipped to the story of the Mad Hatter. "What? What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing," Emma said. "Emma? Emma?" We asked. She sat there in silence. The bell rang and it was time for us to go. "We got to go," Henry said. "Right. Can I hold on to this?" Emma asked as she looked up at us. "Absolutely," I said. We walked away as Emma continued to read the book.

Maybe helping Emma believe wasn't going to be hard after all.

______________________

Another chapter! Sorry it's short! It's from episode seventeen. Hat Trick. Hope you liked it! I'm thinking about doing another update today but I'm not sure... Maybe. Anyways, remember to comment, vote, share, and follow!

❤️Luv you❤️
-K

______________________