Chapter 32: An ambush on air

Third person's POV:

After Elijah getting called out for the test, the examiner got a report from another client about his special case and immediately scored the glassed boy at B-class.

Arthur's eyes widened in disbelief while Elijah gave him a wink:

"Told ya, my foster father took care of it."

"Well, then we will test your skills during our dungeon dives. Let's see if you're worthed the profit's share.", Arthur replied jokingly.

"Of course I am. 40 percent by the way, you and Jasmine can get 30 each.", Elijah shot back and Arthur rolled his eyes.

Next was Lucas Wykes' turn, and just like what Vigor had described to Arthur, the spoiled high born half-elf still held a selfish and arrogant attitude when he performed his skills towards the Conjurer examiner with ill intent. The result was the same, the cocky brat got humbled really quick and got scored at B rank, much to his non-stop angry grumbling of a dissatisfied result.

Then last but not least was Arthur's turn, with a lightning fast victory against George the Augmenter examiner, shocked everyone obviously. Thus, Kaspian had to step in to test Arthur by himself.

With the battle between the two was fought in a similar way compared to the one in the original timeline, Arthur received some comments and respects from the Guild's leader before gaining the result of B-class adventurer.

Walking back to the waiting hall, Arthur's group stumbled upon a familiar figure cladded in full body spiky black armor: Vigor, or Drinkard in this case, who had been waiting for them, just like his plan with Arthur.

"Jasmine.", Drinkard curtly greeted her.

"Drinkard.", Jasmine coldly nodded back.

"Where are the rest of your party? And who are these two kids??", Drinkard acted as if he didn't know about Arthur and Elijah.

Elijah's face became grim as he saw Drinkard's appearance, he somewhat felt threatened by the invisible killing intent and bloodthirst emitting from the mysterious armored adventurer. Meanwhile, Arthur was calm, knowing too well that he was following their plan.

One the other hand, Drinkard(Vigor) stared towards Elijah with a pair of murderous eyes, thinking about different ways to kill the potential threat in the most brutal and as fast as possible methods. But no one could know his expression with his helm covering his face.
He obviously didn't totally trust Arthur's plan of confronting Nico to change his mind with talk no jutsu as he was ready for the backup plan to eliminate Nico in case things went south.

"They are my apprentices, and I'm currently supervising them during our dives in low ranked dungeons. Having my party around would make their trainings not as effective as I want. Note, Elijah, this is Drinkard, he once raided a dungeon with my party.", Jasmine explained.

"How about letting them start right at the middle class dungeons?", Drinkard proposed.

"What do you want Drinkard?", Jasmine with a suspicious face.

"I just crafted a new weapon and I need some help to test it."

"....You are a forger?", Jasmine questioned him.

"Partially correct."

"I appreciate your help for our party, and especially Adam last 2 months Drinkard, but I have a priority to protect my apprentices so I won't want to risk any danger.", Jasmine with an intention to decline.

"You three only need to clear out all the mana beasts at the starting floors, of course I will help. Just leave the boss for me. After we're done, 90% share for you." Drinkard exclaimed and Jasmine's eyes lightened up in surprise.