Chapter 11: The examination

*Time skip for 2 Years*

The Xyrus's Adventure Guild Hall, a marble structure with attractive artistic architecture and exterior designs. You could tell that whoever built it had spent a great fortune on the specific materials that made up the building just by a glimpse of it. If not for the giant Adventure Guild's symbol labelled in front of it, many would have mistaken it with a luxury mansion of some rich noble.

Nevertheless, Vigor didn't come all his way here just to admire the building's visual.

Inside the hall was a regular scenery of people scattering all around or gathering in small groups to have variety of topics to speak about. Some bragged about their successful dungeon dives. Other were recruiting new members to strengthen their teams or even collaborating with other teams.

All of sudden, the entrance wooden door opened wide by an individual which caught some adventurers' attention. The figure stood at about 1.7 metres, fully clad in ebony dark steel armors from head to feet. The impending thorny texture of the armor gave the spectators an odd feeling of uncanny, much like they are looking at something dreadful which not from this world rather than a man in armor.

The helm covered his face entirely from hair to chin, letting only two eye holes for him to have vision, making it unknown to everyone about his identity nor his race. Assessing his height, they guessed that it was either a below average height human or a really tall dwarf. Each step of him created a clacking metallic sound due his plates colliding with each other whenever he moved. Moreover, unlike his right hand protected by a steel gauntlet which marched with the overall armor, his left hand wore a leather glove along with two dimensional rings on index and middle finger.

The adventurers gave him a passing glance. Some had a big curiousity towards him , wondering who this man might be. Some were in envy as they had never seen any adventurer with such high tier gears like him before. Ignoring the crowd, he approached the reception table.

"Welcome! How may I help you?" Mary the female receptionist greeted him with a smile gleamed a pearly white while hiding her inner slight fear at his appearance.

"I would want to meet this Guild's leader, Kaspian Bladeheart-" Vigor replied as he slid her a letter with the emblem of his house on its red wax seal. He sounded like a male in middle-age due to the fact that he used sound magic to alter his voice deeper. Thus covering his identity perfectly.

Mary recognized the carve of an iron anvil located in the circle center followed by 12 sharp cutting long swords protruded around it circularly like rays of sunshine.

"This emblem! You're from the Kin......!" Immediately, Mary's voice had been blocked by a small sound barrier surrounding her table along with Vigor in it, before people could hear her saying the name.

Vigor made a hand gesture, with his right index finger placed on his mout-, welp, the section of his helm that covers his mouth, signalling her to be quiet.

"Ah! I'm greatly sorry sir!"

"It's fine, don't let this get slipped out please." Vigor replied and released the barrier.

"O-of course, please come this way." the calm downed receptionist answered, nodding her head fervently and led the armored boy to her boss' office.

Whispers could be heard coming out from the witnesses who just got to see Vigor's brief power display.

"Holy craps, a sound deviant!"

"I know, crazy right? And that guy is going for a rank examination!"

"Wait, but he doesn't have a sponsor though. How in the world?"