Chapter 5: Great Going Leo

"Wow, real gentleman-like leaving a girl alone in the dark at night like that, Leo." Donatello said as he walked behind his three brothers, gesturing his hands in the direction of the girl they just saved.

"Yeah man, like, what's your deal? Why did you seem so bothered with saving someone? I thought you liked being a hero." Michelangelo added.

"Well right now, I would like it if you stayed quiet." Leonardo retorted.

Raphael was indeed quiet, after all, it was his fault all of this happened. If he had kept the mutagen canister safe, Spike–well Slash wouldn't have gone loose, and he definitely wouldn't have taken an innocent hostage.

It's been over two weeks since the incident, and nothing but trouble has befallen the city–and the turtles, by extension. The fact that this was a repetitive game of cat and mouse between them, it made Leo even that more irritated.

After a few more moments of silence, Raph finally spoke. "Hey Leo, I'm real sorry man... I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I just–"

Leo cut him off with anger, "You know, if it wasn't for your temper , none of this would have happened! Do you have any idea what that girl might have gone through because of your mistake?"

Donnie and Mikey exchanged glances at the other and Mikey spoke up, defending Raphael. "Yo, Leo, chill out man, it was just a mistake, and Spike's actions aren't Raph's fault."

"Yes, Mikey," Raph sighed, turning to look at him and then looking back down, guilty, "It is my fault. If I learned to control my temper, none of this would have happened, and that girl wouldn't have been kidnapped."

"Speaking of, Leo, don't you think we should, you know, go and check on her? She might be lost. It felt like we just left her there." Donnie said worryingly. He didn't feel right leaving a defenseless girl out in the city and at night for that fact.

Leo contemplated for a moment, putting aside his anger at Raph and finally coming to his senses. "You're right Donnie, let's go back and check up on her from above so she doesn't see us."

"Aw yeah!" Mikey celebrated. "Rescue mission part two!"

"Well technically we are just checking up on her." Donnie corrected. "But in a way, if something happens to her during our observation, then we'd be rescuing her."

The turtles were walking on the rooftops back to where they saved Rachael and since she began her journey to find a safe place that had a phone, she was nowhere to be found.

"Let's keep going back, I'm sure she couldn't have gone far." Leo commanded.

The turtles made their way further, assuming she went the ways where minimal light was illuminated, and checked the area out.

"Maybe we should split up. Might help to cover more ground better." Donnie spoke up.

"Donnie's right," Leo added, "everyone split up and keep your T-phones accessible. Report back to the other if you find anything." And just like that, they separated.

Donatello went South, Leonardo went Southwest, Michelangelo went West and Raph went East. Each of them on their own trail and no sign of the girl they rescued.