The Date

Aubree’s POV

Gio: baby I’m going to be outside at 7, so come down when you’re ready. Can’t wait to see you love!

PrincessBree: K

Today is the day. I am excited, I can't even lie. All day I've been talking about it, my friends are sick of me. It's 5 now. So I jump in the shower, take my time. I shave the necessities , wash my hair, and towel off. Once I'm done, I blow dry and curl my hair. I polish my nails and toes passion pink. Then I put on my light makeup. I go to my closet and pull out a tight black mid-thigh dress, it has little stones incrusted all over and back slits. I slide into some black pumps with spikes on the outer heel. I checked myself out and I must say I looked good. As I was putting on my accessories, my mom came into the room.

"baby, where are you going tonight?" She asks as she sits down.

"on a date" I say giggling.

"with who?" she exclaims

"this boy at school named Gio" I say proudly.

"well your father and I want to meet him, any young man that has my daughter dressing up and smiling is someone I need to meet.” She says matter-of-factly

"okay, how about this Sunday?" I say anxiously

"perfect." She gets up and walks out.

My phone starts ringing and I look to see who it is. It's Gio.

"hey babygirl, I'm outside"

"k. I'm coming now"

I hang up and grab my purse. I leave out of the house and get in the car. I wrap my arms around him.

"hey boo"

"hey" he kisses my cheek. I lean back in the seat and look out of the window.

***30 minutes later***

We finally pull up at the restaurant. It's some semi-formal setting. Gio gets out and opens my door. Who says chivalry is dead? We link arms and walk in. While waiting for service I look at Gio. He is wearing all black. A black button up, some black pants, and some black J's. He looked nice. His dreads were retwisted. I was ogling. The waiter finally came and as if it's some tradition she started getting googly eyed and flirtatious with Gio.

"Table for two please, can it be in your most secluded area?" He asks, ignoring her advances.

Her eyes look over to me as if she finally sees me. She clears her throat

"umm yes, follow me".

She leads us to the back of the restaurant and into a booth. Its dim lighting, very romantic. We slide in and she takes our order. After we order she walks off.

"okay, bree. I feel like we skipped over all of the general things about each other. Favorites, likes, dislikes, and everything. So tonight, I want to know everything about you bree" he says.

"okay. I'll start. What's your favorite color?"

"red. You?"

"pink"

"birthday?"

"July 21, 1997"

"ha-ha, youngin. My birthday is September 26 1995"

"Ahh hush grandpa. Middle name?"

"Gino." He replies.

"really? Gio Gino Gambino." I say bursting in a fit of giggles.

"Girl, that's a boss’s name. What you thought?"

"what about you miss Bree?"

"it's Nicole."

"that's cute, Aubree Nicole"

"yeah yeah, favorite food?"

"Chicken Alfredo. You?"

"Any type of pasta. I'm a pasta junkie"

we laugh together. That's how the whole night went. We laughed and asked 101 questions. He asked me everything, and I returned the favor. If I thought the bond I have with Marcel was strong, the bond I have with him is supersonic. We are so compatible. When the food came we were in silence. However it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. Once the meal was done, we had dessert. I'm a digging into my pie when he grips my hand firmly in his. I look up into his chocolate eyes.

"Bree, even though it hasn't been extremely long, just a month or two, I feel as if I've known you for forever. I haven't felt this for any other girl.. Like I can't even describe it. When I first saw you, you blew my mind. I was nervous, stammering, and everything else. The stuff I have told you privately has never been told to another soul. I say all of this to say, I'd really like it if you'd officially allow me to be your boyfriend." He says.

I am silent. No words. Mute. All I can do is show him. I scoot as close as possible, wrap my arms around him and kiss him. I try to put every possible emotion about how I feel into this kiss. Even though I was aggressive with it, he was still gentle. Very protective. When we pulled back I proudly said yes. A thousand times yes. I have been awaiting this. Waiting until I can officially call Gio Gino Gambino my boyfriend. I’ve never been happier. We sat there holding hands and talking, letting time fly by. I definitely can't wait until date number two!