Something New

Aubree's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Marcel showered me with those "make up gifts". Seeing everything splayed on the ground in front of me, I didn’t know what to do, I wasn’t have one rational thought after that. Thinking about all of the considerate things he'd purchased made me almost made me want to forgive him. I wanted to just wrap my arms around him. After I carried everything inside, he texted.

Sneakerhead97: can we at least be friends?

PrincessBree: marcel I don’t know, like you really cut me deep. I trusted you, and you broke it. but I mean I guess we can try, but you have to earn my trust again. As for now, we are just acquaintances, just don't overstep your boundaries. Agreed?

Sneakerhead97: of course. I really missed you, you know that right?

PrincessBree: you sure didn’t make it seem like it. plus, you can't miss something you've never had.

Sneakerhead97: when I called/texted I wanted to apologize, but I just didn’t deem like you deserved an apology through a text. So I wanted to show you.

PrincessBree: uh huh, it is what it is. *kanye shrug*

Sneakerhead97: can you stop being so cold to me? I'm trying to start fresh. Just leave the past behind damn.

PrincessBree: there's no starting over, we just move on and accept that what happened, happened. Now I have to go to bed, bye

Sneakerhead97: forgive me, I'm sorry. Goodnight.

I didn't reply. I'm over it, but it's always going to be there. It's inevitable.

45 minutes later and I’m almost asleep when my phone buzz like there’s no tomorrow. That mean the message is urgent.

Sneakerhead97: look, I have a serious question.

PrincessBree: What Marcel?

Sneakerhead97: don't do all that. So you really gone let Jade and her gum smacking get in between us? Ruin this good we have?

PrincessBree: Yes, because you lied to me.. We're supposed to be better than that. Why you coming at me all strong marcel! Like where is this coming from?

No response.

***the next day***

"class, we have a new student" my teacher announces.

Everyone simultaneously looks up. And I swear, my heart stopped beating. My breaths got shallow. My blood ran cold. Just one look at him and everything stilled. He was like a breath of fresh air in this hellhole. He was all I saw. I don’t know what happened but my ears seemed to block and I couldn’t hear anything. All I could here was the rampant beating of my heart. It was hammering away like the energizer bunny. I just stared at him. Not caring. You know how you see your life flash, that’s kind of what it was like. He is around 5'7, creamy smooth brown skin, dark eyes, a dread head with an amazing smile. He had perfect white teeth. He is beautiful. I know guys hate to be called beautiful, but there's no words. I just stared at him, mouth wide open like the weirdo I am. It seemed like no one else was in the room but us. He looked me square in the eye. He didn’t look at me, he looked through me. I felt exposed, it was like he knew everything. My deepest darkest secrets.  I felt a rush of something so strong that I was paralyzed. I ogled him openly, admiring the proportions in his face. Nothing could go wrong. Well that was what I thought….until he opened his mouth and spoke.