SCP-1437-Q File

"SCP Labs, an alternate reality where humanity is completely aware of the anomalous world. They say that this company is affiliated with government and is "The Last Bastion of Humanity"." Researchers uncovered each page of a document that spewed from an anomaly known as SCP-1437. It has been decades since it last spat out anything, so this was an important phenomenon.

"SCP-00, a Thaumiel-class anomaly?" The other doctor wrote in his notepad.

"Doc, anything else in there?" The Lead Researcher was silent for a while, reading the document from word to word.

"Interesting indeed. It writes about a certain legendary colleague from Site-19."

"Who?" The doctor raised his pen in advance.

"Doctor Jack Bright. More precisely, an alternate version of him. Looks like working under the government has its own benefits, too. I do not like the sound of that." He scowls, leaning his head on his vacant hand before flipping to the next page.

"Doctor Veritas, can you please stop speaking in riddles? I'm also doing my work here!"

"Do NOT raise your tone when working! Do you not understand proper etiquette?"

"I apologize, doctor." The head researcher clears his throat before proceeding.

"Alright, it says here that there were originally 13 versions of SCP-963 across the omniverse. Each has a different color, pertaining to different abilities aside from containing one's soul. This document speaks of an amulet with the same starburst pattern, but with a lapis lazuli gem at the center." The doctor jotted everything down.

"So that amulet is one of the original 13?"

"Yes. Each time the soul inside one of the original amulets somehow dies, one of the thirteen diamonds surrounding the gem will crack. This indicates that all of the original amulets have connection with each other, despite being tredecillion light years away. This beckons the question, who in the world created these amulets?"

"Wasn't it just a guy who killed himself due to doing the ritual wrong?"

"Idiot, you useless idiot. Did you not read the part where the man who created that necklace was trying to imitate the real one? You should quit now while you're still new before you embarrass yourself."

"I'm really sorry, Doctor Veritas!"

"You should take all my advice to heart next time. Moving on, this particular Doctor Jack Bright has moved from one dimension to another, seemingly throwing his pendant from a portal that connects to a different dimension and has remained untouched for thousands of years."

"Thousands of years, that's a lot of time." They suddenly noticed the presence of another researcher in their midst.

"Oh, Doctor Avery." Veritas welcomed her.

"Doctor Veritas, I heard that the hole emitted something again after years of being dormant?"

"That's indeed the case." He flipped the last page and read the name of the researcher who wrote the file.

Avery Krankov.

"I see, I'll leave the two of you to it. See you around!" She waved goodbye, leaving Veritas skeptical of his founding.

"Doctor, is there something wrong?" The intern asked, seeing Veritas in a daze.

"Perhaps there is, perhaps there's not." He stole a glance at Avery, observing each and every movement that she makes as thoughts run in his mind. "I think there's a problem."