Trial

Tyler p.o.v
So we went to trial last week and it was very long and I hated being in the same room with my father. I had a really good attorney which helped a lot. So I basically had to explain my whole story with my dad and my dad was yelling at me during trial. At one point they literally had to handcuff him to the table because he kept standing up and flailing his arms around and screaming. So basically my father couldn't think of anything to back himself up and he ended up just admitting it was him. I kind of wish he didn't admit it was him because he said some very awful things.
<flashback>
"So what would you like to say to defend yourself Mr. Joseph?"
My father stood up and started to laugh.
"I'm not going to defend myself anymore. You know what! I did it. I shot him. I shot him because he is a fuck up. He's stupid and he can't do anything for himself. And now he's gay. I'm glad I'm going to jail. It was worth it. I hate him. And I hate his mother."
He looked at me and my mother when he said that. I started crying and Josh was holding me in his arms.
"He deserved to be shot." He was laughing again. My father is a maniac.
"Chris Joseph. You are guilty."
They took my dad out and as he was walking out he said a few "fuck you's" to me, my mother, and Josh. I couldn't take it. I cried in Josh's shoulder and he just held me. Then my mom got up and yelled.
"Go to hell. You bastard."
He flipped her off and she sat back down.
We got home and my mother came and talked to me. She and Josh were the best things I had right now.
"Tyler. Honey. I'm never going to forgive myself for hitting you three weeks ago. Right after I did it, I realized what I had done and I just. I'm so sorry" she was crying and I was too. I forgave my mother. "And i realize now that being gay is not a sin and I am so sorry. Love is love. And I love Josh. I love how much he protects you. He is my second favorite kid. I consider him as my son now and I wish I would've realized sooner." she cried some more and I just held her. I knew she would never forgive herself for hitting me but I really did forgive her. "I love you mom. I'm just glad that we can live at peace now that he's in prison. We can live happy now."
I kissed her and went upstairs.
<end of flashback>
After that day my mother had to start going to work more because she had missed so much because of what was going on. So I see her rarely buts it's okay because me and Josh just hang out and play Mario kart.