Chapter 1 - Preparing for Hogwarts

From author: while reading, I recommend to listen to: Sherlock and Mystery of Heart | Relaxing Music for Detectives Dark Academia to Study, Read, Write
https://youtu.be/qgPSTtl3zOU?si=5N0Z4kEOoJl507cI

———————————————————

----3rd of September 1891, post Goblin Rebellion 

Morning sunlight spread in the vast bedroom in one of the rooms for Aurors in East London. Leike woke up earlier than usual; she wanted to get prepared for her new life adventure.

"So, Hogwarts it is," she sighed, thinking about her last conversation with the Head Minister of Defence.

A dutch-born witch Leike van der Weld was working in the Ministry for 10 years. In her entire career as an Auror, she was considered a very professional and highly skilled operative. The recent mission she got, indicated a significant shift in her professional trajectory. The Head's explanation painted a complex picture – post the goblin Ranrok's attack on Hogwarts, his followers continued to pose a threat, and had to be eradicated as soon as possible.

She learned that the former Professor of Magical Theory Eleazar Fig was murdered during the attack on the school, and that a 5th-year student happened to be a hero using ancient type of magic, defeated Ranrok. Due to Leike's experience in both teaching and protecting others as an Auror, she was typed as a new teacher in Hogwarts, who's other mission was to eliminate the rest of the rebells. 

Reflecting on her room in the Auror's building, Leike pondered the memories of entering it ten years ago. The room had become her sanctuary when she moved in to London to her mother. Her father's passing during her school years, at the age of 15, left her in the care of her father's twin brother. 

Despite his kindness, she couldn't shake the sadness that enveloped her whenever she looked at him, a constant reminder of her beloved father. Eventually, she made the difficult decision to move out.

After arriving in London, she had no idea what she should do with her life. One day her mother came back from the Ministry where she was working, and told her that they have opened a recruitment for an Auror position, tht drew her attention to continue her dad's legacy.

When the recruitment started, she was 21 years old, a very talented witch who did her higher diploma by working at her alumni Beauxbatons Academy of Magic for two years. But she was, in fact, eager for more adrenaline and adventure. 

------ Spring, year 1881

Her strong Taurus nature was pushing her to apply and one day, with a feather and ink in her hands, standing with her back straight she started to move forward the commitee.

Then, within a glimpse of her eye just in front of her, a man appeared by teleportation with his friend, giggling. She couldn't stop her pace as she accidentally bumped into him, leaving a black stain of ink on his elegant jacket.

"My apologies, Sir," she babbled with an expression of genuine concern. "Oei, kapoot" she added, (eng: Oh not working/damaged), as she observed the fabric now completely soaked.

The man glared at her with visible irritation. "What on earth were you thinking?" he demanded. His furrowed brows and stern gaze gave emphasis to his anger. A tall and handsome man in his early thirties, he possessed deep brown eyes and slightly longer brown hair. The smell of his cologne reminded oak tree and sweet cinnamon, a warm and appealing scent.

However, his demeanor softened within seconds as he looked at her face. Pale skin, full pink lips, raven black hair managed in a long braid and eyes. He locked his sight on them, their grey colour was cold, giving feeling of a first snow falling on a warm skin. Almost hypnotised by them, within the seconds he lost all the irritation he just felt. 

"With all due respect, Sir, you appeared out of nowhere," she asserted, lifting one brow in disagreement. 

He got back from his thoughts "Is that so?" his gaze momentarily lingered on her feather before shifting to the committee station. "I assume you were about to sign up, Miss; I won't be in your way then," he said, offering a charming smile, which was not working on Leike.

"Nevertheless please allow me to take care of your jacket" she proposed, her gaze fixed on his clothing. His deeper smile and narrowed eyes indicated his got some other idea.

"For now, let it be; when you secure the job, I may ask for a small favor in exchange," his suggestion was promising.

Leike, still in shock, simply nodded as he bowed gracefully and rejoined his friend, who was engaged in conversation with one of the senior Aurors. Regaining her composure, Leike proceeded to the sector and filled in the necessary papers. 

Upon leaving the room, she surveyed her surroundings, but the mysterious man had already vanished. Spotting a slightly older girl seated in observation, Leike approached, only to be halted by a question.

"How was it?" the brown-haired girl asked with excitement.

"Pardon me? Do we know each other?" Leike took a step back, surprised by the unexpected encounter.

"Forgive my oversight," the girl said, visibly flustered. "I'm Olivia Mayer, an Auror here. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Leike van der Weld, not an Auror here," she responded slightly cynical, shaking Olivia's hand. "Now, what was your question again?"

"My apologies for assuming familiarity," Olivia began, her eyes sparking with curiosity. "Do you realize whom you just bumped into?"

"I'm afraid I don't, but judging by your expression, I might have committed some unintentional crime."

"Well then, he is the most renowned Auror currently employed in our Ministry—a rather complicated individual, but there's no lady who can resist him," Olivia explained.

"Complicated? For what reason?"

"A known womanizer, never engaged in a serious relationship. It's all about the chase, I presume."

"I can imagine. And what is his name?" Leike inquired, directing her gaze towards the corridor where she had last seen him.

"It's Sharp, Aesop Sharp," Olivia stated, looking in the same direction.

"Aesop Sharp..." Leike echoed silently, attaching a name to the smiling face of the mysterious man.

----- Present time, 3rd of September 1891

When the memory faded, she looked at herself in a new velvet black skirt with white shirt buttons up the neck, and a necklace with a blue eye on her chest. She picked up her black as night hair and formed a relaxed bun. A few strands of her hair were still flowing down on her face, making her pale complexion even more beautiful.

"Miss van der Weld, are you ready to leave?"

She heard the voice outside of the door. Cedric, a loyal assistant of hers, who was already waiting.

"In two minutes!" She replied and started to close her bags in a rush. One more glimpse around the room, and with unclear numbness, she left the apartment.

While walking through the hall, she said goodbye to her few friends, and to honor the rest that was no longer with them, she stepped by the room where all the Aurors of all time were painted, herself included. 

She looked to the right and found the man, who a few years ago broke her heart and without any warning left to the place where she was just about to arrive. She looked at his prominent face on the painting and gave herself one heavier breath.

"So we shall meet again, Aesop" she said to herself, and hearing the voice of her assistant, she left to the entrance, as her train to Hogwarts was just about to arrive at the Kings Cross station at Peron 9 and 3/4 in London.