Chapter 9 - Tarot shows everything

I recommend while reading: Ludvico Einaudi - Una matina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15rcayawM6o&ab_channel=SJBeats

Present time

Leike joined the breakfast, finding a seat between Hecat and Onai. As she made her way to her place, she observed Sharp, who seemed to be solely drinking water. The lingering smell of alcohol from him hinted at a potential upset stomach. A strange sensation, tinged with anxiety, settled in her chest.

"Good morning, Leike. I heard you had a rather unpleasant night," greeted Hecat, welcoming her to the table.

"Taking care of students can be demanding. Never thought it would be this much," she replied, smiling lightly.

"You must be exhausted. I've heard that you and Sharp were dealing with the Cruciatus on Sebastian. That must have been a horror for all three of you," expressed Onai with concern.

"Being an Auror thickens the skin for such treatments. I practically felt it on myself during training purposes," Leike casually mentioned. Onai's face turned pale.

"Don't even remind me. My legs still have broken veins from those barbaric training methods. Absurd," disapproved Hecat, recalling the intense training.

Professor Garlic of Herbology classes joined their conversation, listening while sitting next to Onai. Her two long ginger colour braids were accompanied by a beautiful green costume and a large hat, that covered a little of her beautiful freckled face. She was apporximately the same age as Leike.

"Nevertheless, dear, you need to regain your strength. Would you ladies care for some tea after classes? I may have something special for you," the suggestion of Garlic was a genuine will to help her friends.

"Great idea. It's been a while since I did my own divination. I'll bring my special cups, and we can certainly have some time together," Onai agreed, nodding.

Leike thought it might be a good idea to foster better connections at the school, and their company seemed genuine. She accepted the offer, looking around the hall. Her gaze lingered on Sharp, checking up on him. He appeared deep in thought, looking at the paper on the table in front of him.

Unintentionally, Leike found herself staring for a bit longer, recalling the strangely comforting feeling she had standing next to him, wiping his face with a cloth the previous day. She remembered the details of his face—the short beard, dry skin, the shape of his lips, and deep brown eyes she met for a few seconds. Unbeknownst to her, her heartbeat quickened with every second she had his face close to hers in her memory.

Onai noticed Leike's expression. The divination master sensed there might be more between them than they were showing. Observing their confused states, she decided to help her new friend figure things out with her divination methods.

By the end of breakfast, Sharp stayed to speak with Mathilde, but his eyes were on Leike as she moved through the hall. Her light blue dress, resembling the sky on a sunny summer day, made of thin satin material, delicately showed her curves, looking like water flowing on a sculpture. Almost hypnotized, he struggled to focus on the conversation. Mathilde, noticing his distraction, interrupted his thoughts.

"Professor, I sense that since Miss van der Weld joined Hogwarts, you seem to be more... distracted," she started. Sharp immediately snapped out of his thoughts, feeling guilty for not keeping up the conversation. She continued, "Please remember that sometimes it is good to let go of your boundaries. You never know how pleasant life can become."

With that, she smiled and left for her classes. Sharp was left there with a blank head, almost petrified by the situation and a hangover that was not helping him recover.