Chapter 5

Sifeng returned to his courtyard, and prepared dinner for himself. He went in to get some tea, and heard the hitting of chopsticks on plate.

  He came in to find the emperor gobbling down his food. He sat with the emperor, and served him tea.

  "If you'd excuse me, Your Majesty," Yu Sifeng stood up after swapping the cups back in pretence of filling the cup.

  The emperor nodded, and continued gobbling down his food.
He suddenly choked on something, and vomited half the food he'd eaten.

He downed the first cup. The one filled with salt, and he felt his like his mouth had been dipped in a sea of salt.

  He felt anger building up, and he drank the second cup which almost led to a heart attack. He fell to the ground, and blacked out.

Yu Sifeng checked if he had really blacked out, and then called a guard from outside.

The physician was also called, and he checked the emperor.

  "It's the allergy," he said.

The guard looked at him, and before he could say anything, Liang Ting burst in.

  "What happened to His Majesty," she said, a little out if breath.

  She looks so nice, but deep down , she's a snake. Ah, she's great at acting. She should have joined the entertainment crew, Sifeng thought as he shook his head.

The physician suddenly turned to him, and narrowed his eyes. "What happened?" He asked Sifeng.

Yu Sifeng looked up at the doctor who he knew was suspicious, so he decided to tell half a lie, and half the truth.

  "The emperor never told me he had allergies. He came to my place this evening, gobbled down my food, and drank my favorite blueberry tea," he said coquettishly as he tugged gently at his hair.

Guard: "...."

Physician: "ಠ⁠‿⁠ಠ...."

Liang Ting: "... Nice try..."

He smiled at the physician, and motioned for him to continue his job.

Sifeng, and Liang Ting left after the physician treated the emperor, and warned them against blueberry tea.

"It's not good for the health," the physician had said.

"If you don't like blueberry, I'm sure you'll love baneberry," Sifeng thought to himself, and smiled.

"What do you think you're doing?" Liang Ting asked. Destroying the moment of peace was not something Yu Sifeng liked.

"What?" He answered curtly.

Liang Ting fumed upon hearing his answer, but kept her cool. She could throw Sifeng out of the harem. This way, there'd be no pesky fly hindering her success.

She sized him up, and smirked.
"Why would you try to kill the emperor?"

  Yu Sifeng seemed to have been waiting for this question. He smiled gently, and said...

"Because...."