Chapter 19

Previously on When Hatred Becomes Compulsory

"Your Majesty."

"Greetings to consort Sifeng," Changgeng said, and turned his attention to Han Jun.

"With all due respect, Your Majesty, I have come with a message from the emperor of Sheng empire."

"He has some difficulties in running his empire, and decides to come to an agreement with Your Majesty."

"I'm gonna teach this big head a lesson he'll never forget."

"You're messing with the wrong guy."

....... '........ '....... '........ '.......

As he ran, he hit his head on something hard, and looked up to see a rather tall figure.

"Consort Yu," Changgeng called.

"Greetings to you too," Sifeng replied with a little smile.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"I... Uh... I.... I went to check on the emperor, you see? Last night he had a bad fever, and he said no one should know about it. I told you, because you look like someone who'd not expose someone else's secrets," Sifeng babbled in a secretive manner.

"The emperor's had a fever? He looked quite fine to me last night," Changgeng explained.

Sifeng couldn't think of a scandal to cover himself up, so he smiled. "I'll be on my way."

Changgeng gazed at the receding back of Sifeng, and his eyes showed a deep affection.

He knew Sifeng was a nice person, and that gave him the more reason to love him. But, the fight wasn't over yet. He had no idea whether Sifeng loved him, or not.

As he walked through the hallways in deep thought, a hot liquid splashed on his face. He wanted to scream, but held it back when he found out it was Sifeng.

Changgeng expected a word of apology, but Sifeng looked at him in a trance.

'Why is he looking so lost?' Changgeng thought to himself, and called Sifeng.

"Consort Yu!"

Sifeng snapped out of his trance with a shake if his head.
"How was your night?" He asked absentmindedly.

"Consort Yu, are you okay?" Changgeng asked,his voice laced with concern.

"I'm more than..." He hiccuped,and looked at Changgeng with a toothy grin which immediately turned to a scowl,and then a serious expression.

"More than what?"

"Changgeng?" Sifeng called after a moment of silence.

"I'm all ears."

"Turn around for a moment,will you?"

Changgeng was confused when he heard his request, but with all due respect he turned around. He stood there for half an hour, yet he didn't notice any movement behind him.

Someone called his name, and it turned out to be Han Jun.

"Your Majesty," Changgeng bowed.

"Have you seen Yu Sifeng?"

Thanks for reading.....