Chapter 6

Sifeng seemed to have been waiting for this question. He smiled gently, and said in the most sweetest voice.

"Because... I want revenge."

Liang Ting smirked, and looked at him weirdly.
"As if a mosquito like you could do a thing. You can't even kill an ant."

"You also hate the emperor, don't you?" He asked her with that annoying smile still plastered on his lovely face.

"Hmm," she answered. But, her voice trailed off, and she looked sad.

"The enemy of an enemy is always a friend. " With that, Sifeng exited.

Liang Ting was still shocked after hearing what he said, and surprisingly, she didn't shrug it off like she used to.

She also didn't like the emperor, and being a mistress of schemes, she knew that teaming up with Sifeng was going to benefit her.

But....

She thought he was weak, and kept looking like running away from problems.

The Sifeng she knew was a total coward. He sometimes stood in front of problems like a brave lion that'll actually solve it.

But, in reality, he'd never try that. He kept looking around like a scoreboard, and squinted his eyes like a mosquito.

Even so, he wasn't thinking about anything reasonable. His mind was blank, and out of options, and he seemed like a frail child.

  Liang Ting was somehow interested in the new version of Sifeng, and wanted to see what his plan was.

But knowing how mischievous that consort of a man can become, she knew she couldn't play the game according to the flow.

She had to add some things, and she had to play smart. Cuz, she knew she could become a pawn in Sifeng's game of 'give just desserts'.

  She was going to get the emperor's favor, but what she really wanted was the throne.

  So, she had to use Sifeng's tactics to play her game of advanced 'pay back'.

She didn't like the idea of working with Sifeng, but what could she do?
It wasn't like she had any choice.

There's a saying....

'To have what you never had, you have to do something you never did'.

  Liang Ting made up her mind to work with Sifeng, but she knew her limit, and she knew when to get out of the game.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

  The next day....

Sifeng sat by the porch, and waited for Liang Ting to arrive. After about five minutes, she came in.

She wasn't gorgeously, or elegantly dressed like she usually did.

"Welcome... My beloved partner in crime...."