• 16 •

Katey's p.o.v
I shut the door as she leaves locking it and staring at it for a moment.

Guns

Drugs

Murder

"You did good kid" I hear Clays voice making me spin around and I smile softly at him trying to find my voice "I um..." I see the others walk in behind him I look at Happy and frown "I think she was hitting on me" is the only thing I said because I had a million thoughts right now and it felt like the safest thing to say
Tig and Jax snicker and Clay chuckles making Happy smirk as Clay speaks "yeah she's a freak" I sigh "please tell me that's my last visit from her?" Clay smiles warmly "I can't promise that sweet heart but I can tell you protected the club today and we protect each other in this community" Jax nods "I have the prospect look out for Tara at work I'll tell him to keep an eye on you two so if that butch comes harassing you your not alone" I nod thanking him before Tig sighs "you got a back door doll, we're going to have to sneak out after that visit" I nod leading them through the kitchen and Tig smiles "Thanks doll" he leaves first before Jax smiles "you need anything, call I mean it" I nod and he walks out leaving Happy and Clay "thank you Katey, I know you have questions but for now I think the less you know is better" I nod in agreement and he looks at Happy "you coming Killa?" I look at Happy who shakes his head "I'll see you tomorrow boss" Clay chuckles and shakes his head "see you in the morning brother" and he leaves shutting the door.

Clay was right I did have questions and after that visit I was worried about what I was getting myself into without knowing.. was I in danger?

Happy wraps his arms around my waist and I instantly relax into his touch every worried thought leaving my mind as he smiles "thank you Katey" I sigh.
How didn't anyone else see this side to him that I see? "cmon you interrupted movie night and I have been way longer then 5 minutes Andrew is gonna be annoyed" he nods "yes mam" he teases kissing me softly making me melt into his lips before he pulls away pulling me into the living room "Andrew you can come out" he comes in and plops on the lounge grabbing the remote like a big kid "finally"

The next morning my brother had gone for a morning job and I was standing in my kitchen in my scrubs with my hair pulled back  I was sipping my coffee lost in thought.
Was I in danger around Happy?

I felt arms snake around my waist as I relax into his touch "you working this morning?" His rough morning voice made me weak "yeah I want to try get your mum home today but I need to set up he care plan" he spins me around caressing my cheek while he studies my face "you have questions?" He asks and I nod slowly and he sighs taking my coffee and having a sip before handing it back to me "I can't say much Katey not yet.." I nod not really understanding but trying to "can I ask two questions?"   His jaw clenches and he nods I  frown "what is the club.." his jaw unclenches and I briefly see abit of relief on his face "exactly what you just said Katey, we're a Motorcycle club" I nod knowing it wasn't the full truth but for now it's what I needed to hear  I bite my lip "am I safe around you Happy?" I ask quietly  and he steps forward gently kissing me "if your were anyone else asking me I would say no... but your safe, no one will touch you I'll make sure no one ever hurts you"  I sigh softly and pull him in for another intoxicating kiss.

I knew I was being stupid and reckless and my moral compass was screaming at me but there was something about him that made me feel safe even if I did know that I had just unknowingly walked straight into a Motorcycle Clubs house and started dancing on the tables something about Happy was addictive and the fact that only I see this side to him was even more addictive.

"Do you need a lift?" I ask as I wash my coffee cup up  I put it in the drying rack and turn around watching as happy shrugs his Kute on "if you don't mind" he says lowly and I look at him  frowning "I have one more question... but it's not club related"  he looks up at me raising an eyebrow "what is it little girl" there's that nickname again  the one that made me want to forget about work and drag this man back to my bed "why have you been staying here?"   He stares at me  not saying anything making me realise that maybe he doesn't even know why "You want me to leave Katey?" He asks deflecting  I frown crossing my arms over my chest as he crosses the room to me "well no that's not what I'm saying I just..." maybe I didn't want it to end  but I don't want to sound desperate  so instead I deflect "can you stay tonight?" He smirks with his hands on my hips "cmon little girl you've gotta get to work"