•27•

Kateys p.o.v
As I finish getting ready Happy walks in the room seeing em do my makeup in the mirror making him smile standing behind me and pulling me into his hard chest as he wraps his arms around my waist "the boys are gone" he whispers kissing my neck making me lean into his touch "as much as I would love to stay here and drag you to bed we had plans" I state as he chuckles peppering my skin with kisses "are you sure I could make you loose track of time" he mumbles and I feel myself melt before I spin around in his arms "if you drive my car today instead of your bike I could make the trip worth your while?" I bribe and he looks at me with hungry eyes "what do you do to me Katey" I smile softly leaning up and pecking his lips "let's get out of here"

I fiddle with the radio as happy drives sighing as I opt to plug my phone in and putting it on shuffle as a rap song comes on Happy scrunched up his face making me giggle As I lean over kissing his cheek He smirks placing his hand on my thigh "can't believe you have me driving a cage" he sighs and I grin "aww is my bad boy bike missing his bike?" He looks at me and rolls his eyes "watch it " he warns and I playfully shove him "eyes on the road" he chuckles and I look out the window at the passing trees bopping to the music as he drove I look at him he was tapping his finger on the wheel every now and then he would look at me with a ghost smile playing on his lips.
after a while he chuckles "what's on your mind Katey?" I bite my lip and look out the window feeling a pit in my stomach I look back at him "can I ask a question about the club?" His hands grip the wheel "and his jaw clenches slightly and he looks at me briefly before turning his attention back to the road "like what?" I frown maybe I shouldn't dig deep into questions like this while his driving my car "how long have you been in the club?" I ask quickly changing my original question he smiles softly as he squeezes my leg "I patched into my first club when I was 17" he says as I lean to turn the music down "in Tacoma, it was a hell of an initiation but after that I got my nickname" I frown raising my eyebrow "your nickname?" He nods "you've probably heard the boys use it.." I frown scraping my mind before it popped in my head 'killer' I frown "what did you have to do?" He sighs patting my leg as he pulls up infront of a small cottage "I think that's a conversation we need to save for home" I look at the home seeing a small garden with sunflowers out the front I look at Happy and he smiles "cmon princess" I blush and he kisses my cheek getting out of the car.

"Mama!" Happy calls out as we enter the small home "My Happy is that you?" I hear her call out making me smile as he grabs the two dishes off me placing them on the counter before grabbing my hand dragging me through his mothers house "how many other people walk in calling you Mama" he jokes as he walks into a living room where I spot Happys mother crocheting "Hey Ma" her face lights up seeing him as he lets go of my hand walking over to greet her kissing her cheek as i take in the home seeing photos of Happy as a young boy "oh and you bought the pretty doctor" she says making me smile softly as Happy smiles as i walk over "Hello Mrs Lowman, how have you been?" She scoffs "oh sweetie call me Maria!" She gets out of her chair pulling me into a hug "this is a pleasant surprise, Happy you should've told me you were bringing company" he  shrugs and smiles "do you have any beers left?"  She rolls her eyes  scoffing and looking at me "men" I giggle looking at Happy as his mother turns back "in the fridge Mijo"  he  leaves the room and she smiles at me "I knew my boy had eyes for you at the Hospital" she states with a smile making me blush "his quite persistent" she chuckles nodding "shall we go eat?"

I serve our lunch and Happy sets the table while he talks to his mother about the club.
I sit down and Maria smiles at me "this smells beautiful Katey did your Mother teach you to cook? I smile softly shaking my head no "one of the Nannies my brother and I had growing up had taught us how to cook when we were young. She used to tell us the way to someone's heart was through their stomach" Maria smiled warmly and Happy pulled a chair out for me guiding me to the table.

"So tell me what you've been doing lately Happy?" His mother asks and he shrugs "working" she raises and eye brow and looks at me before looking back at him "working?" He looks at her and smirks "I'm a busy man ma"  she looks at me again "see the cheek I put up with" I giggle and Happy laughs "I'm joking mum, I've been working a lot at the clubhouse we're going on a run in a week to Vegas I'm gonna pick up some of the Tacoma boys on the way"  she smiles and looks at me "and what about you Katey? What have you been up too?" I smile softly "I've just gotten back from L.A I had a medical conference so I stayed with my brother for a few days" she  nods "sounds like my Happy better keep on his toes around you, beauty and brains hmm?"  I blush looking at Happy across the table he smirks giving me a wink before  continuing the conversation.

After having lunch and listening to countless
embarrassing stories from Happy's childhood I was doing the dishes while Happy spoke to his mother about her upcoming appointments stating he would ensure she was well looked after as my phone buzzed making me see a text from my brother Andrew.

'Can I call you tomorrow for your medical opinion

I frown at the odd text before replying.
Why could he possibly want my opinion?

'If it's red, bumpy and you didn't use protection it's probably herpes the only option is to chop it off'

I see him typing a message  and get an instant reply

'Ha ha very funny kate😑
Dad has a new business venture in mind .. I need your opinion'

I never got involved with my father's work  it's something  I always tried to avoid.
I made the choice from a young age I didn't want to take over his company or be involve he ignored my wishes and co signed with my brother leaving his since of the business to me once his passed away but I can't say I'm surprised there.

'Call me at 12pm tomorrow.'

I finished cleaning the kitchen and it wasn't   before Happy and I were saying goodbye to Maria and heading back to the car as we back out of the driveway and pull into the street Happy sighs "do you recon I can make this hour trip go any faster?"