Chapter 1 - Prologue

Love

Love

An emotion so subjective, yet substantial in the minds of people.

Throughout my life, I have never understood this subtle emotion called love.

But upon my hands, a hard cover book tells the tale about the fleeting love of two main characters.

The image depicts a handsome male dancing and holding hands with a beautiful female underneath a cherry blossom tree, where their faces near closure to each other.

As I continue reading the book that narrates the story of the two people and their love for each other, I begin to wonder...

How would it feel to love someone like that... be it to family, or a significant other?

Is there a person out there who would show an emotion like that to me?

Still... who exactly are the two characters that I'm talking about?

They are the main protagonists from a well-known novel:

Ways of the Mystic

A popular romance novel that caught the attention of the young adults on the Korea peninsula. A story filled with romance, fantasy, swords, and magic. Compiling explicit drama through a journey resonating a medieval era. The main couple of the novel included the Heroine, Seraphina Blakestey, the only daughter of one of the 4 Grand Duke family in the Izora Empire, and the prince of the Izora Empire, Augustus Rutherford.

The first fated meeting in the book introduced the Eight-year-old Seraphina Blakestey.

The young girl was sitting on the porch of the Ducal Family Garden, deep in thoughts that readers couldn't hear. Her wavy-long white hair reached her underarm, emphasizing her pale skin that resembled snow. Her iris mirrored the luster of ruby. Eyelashes fixated and invoked that any women wish they had with a pointed noise and an arched and pointed eyebrows. As she sits on the porch, her sharp eyes that viewed the garden can pierce right through anything. Her posture deemed the quality of elegancy, and attitude that showed off confidence towards anyone despite her age. A white gown made of silk, and short end white heels. Surely, the perfect definition of winter was presented from the image of the young girl.

It was the prologue that gave the fated meeting between the ten-year-old prince, who visited the ducal estate this fine evening.

The young girl turns toward the direction of where the boy was walking. The young boy she saw mesmerized her.

Delicate, brushed back-blue hair that represents night itself. With sapphire-like eyes. Sightly tan skin that showed substantial training under the sunlight while practicing the sword. A pointed nose, with a sharp narrow eye that showed indifference towards everything, and medium-thick eyebrows. Wearing a long black suit coat on his shoulders, long sleeved button up that were rolled up to his forearm, suspenders over the button up, black textiles short that surpassed the knees, and black leather shoes with white socks. An unprofessional attire for his visit, but his bright smile showed confidence as he walked the passageway.