Chapter 13 - To be a Friend

The chilly wind breeze flows once again as sound from two wooden swords is heard clashing against each other

The chilly wind breeze flows once again as sound from two wooden swords is heard clashing against each other. A strike being parried and then counterattacking. 

A young man with ruffled, wavy black hair and deep brown eyes and skin holds one of the wooden swords as he has one hand behind his back to hold back against his opponent. He has a scar going horizontally through his nose. Wearing a black long-sleeved compression-like shirt with grey pants and black work boots. A small dagger banded on his right tight while two short blades are hung in his lower back just in case something were to happen. 

He stands in the middle of the sparring ground, while the other person backs away to the near edge of the sparring ground. Messy and ruffled midnight hair, sapphire eyes. Wearing a practical white long-sleeve button up for sparring against the other person. 

Just before tension arose between them once again as they thought about their next move. The young man shifts his gaze to the sun before looking down back at the boy in front of him.

"It is time to conclude today's training, Your Highness."

The young boy wipes the sweat off his forehead before taking a deep breath. "I guess that is true, sparring with you takes quite a toll on me." The young boy then walked towards the near bench before taking a seat and closing his eyes while putting both his hands on the bench. 

Soon enough, a white towel covers his eyes. The young boy flinches and takes it off before shifting his gaze towards the person who gave him that towel. His tired expression soon turned happy as he saw a white-haired boy seating next to him. 

"Thank you for the towel, Lys." As the young boy begins to wipe his sweat with the towel, the white-haired boy begins to look at him before shifting his gaze towards the young man. The young man soon walked towards them, and soon slightly bowed before the white-haired boy.

"It has been a while, Young Master."

The white-haired boy nods. "Indeed. How have you been, Nilo?"

Nilo contemplates before responding to the boy. "... It has been... quite eventful these past few days..." He looks at August before looking back at me. "I have been assigned to be His Highness sparring partner since His Grace has been busy with some domestic affairs."

It has been a month since my father agreed to be August's teacher. Every day they would exercise in the morning and spar late at noon until it became dark. The Empress allowed August to stay with us, so I practically see him every day. Even when I'm cooped inside the library, he would often visit me while talking to me about topics he found interesting. 

I'm not the best when it comes to creating small talk. I usually remain silent but listen attentively. Little by little, we began to get closer. Even now, for some reason, I just felt like seeing him train, and brought a towel just in case he needed it.