Chapter 11 - The Troubled History

It's been a day since the incident that occurred in the bedroom

It's been a day since the incident that occurred in the bedroom. My mother is still recuperating in her bedroom alongside with Seraphina...

In my own childish bedroom, I just lay on top of my bed, with my hands extended, with a dismayed expression on my face, only staring at the ceiling as I continued to ponder about what to do next.

I managed to prevent the death of Isabella Blakesty...

I know that is something I chose to do for my own selfish reason. But I can't help but wonder... what will happen to the original storyline?

"Nothing will happen."

A sudden voice resonated throughout my head as I my body flinched.

"No need to be startled, showing you those memories made me somewhat weak to the point of me unable to manifest my physical appearance, so I'm currently recovering inside your rings."

"Isn't that... dangerous?"

"No need to worry. Until I recover, I will just lay dormant without hindering your body. But because of this, our minds link together, letting me read your thoughts a bit."

"A bit?"

"Yes, a bit. I'll try not to pry into your privacy."

I place my hand near my heart for a minute, only to continue staring into the roof once more. I closed my eyes as I put my arms on top of my eyes and sighed for a bit.

"... What do you mean when you said nothing will happen."

Azar didn't respond for quite a while. I didn't mind the silence since I expected him to not answer the question."

"... This "storyline" that you keep speaking about... True, it might've been the original destiny that the people in this world once experienced. But in the end, it is just a single strand of countless intertwined fates in the world. Destiny and fate are a complicated mixture filled with strands of the past, the present, and the future. When a single variable, like you, appears. It completely alters fate."

"I see... does that mean that even if I were to follow the original strand of fate like in the story, my presence itself will change it either way?"

"Simple way to converge it. Like I said in the beginning. This world is yours to live to the fullest. Being able to experience a different life that you couldn't before and create new and precious memories. Trying to follow the original path defeats the whole purpose of you being brought into this world."

I move my arms away from my eyes. I couldn't help but smile for a moment.

"Even if you say that, I would've done what I though was best, regardless of the original storyline."

I put both of my hands on the bed to balance myself up. 

"I already saved my mother. I'll continue to protect the people close to me in this life and create new precious memories and emotions-"