Chapter 8 - The Beauty of Magic

Whisper goes around the maid as they converse within each other in the hallway corridor near the room of where Lysander stayed at

Whisper goes around the maid as they converse within each other in the hallway corridor near the room of where Lysander stayed at. Outside of the door stood Mia, guarding the door since she was also not allowed inside the room.

"The Young Master has locked himself in his room and hasn't eaten anything these past few days."

"Both the Duke and Duchesses tried to get him out of his room, but the door didn't even budge.

"I'm worried, what if something happens to the Young Master..."

"Don't say that the Duchess is already weak as it is when she's ready to give birth any day now."

"Maybe the Young Master locked himself up because he doesn't want another sibling-"

The maid that was talking beforehand saw the scared expression of the other three maids that were in front of her. They clung to one another as they saw the red eyes of none other than the duke.

The maid turned around, saw the duke, and stepped aback but tripped herself with fear.

The duke raised his hand in worry about the maid who fell and tried to reach out his hand to help her get up.

"Are you-"

The maid soon got up and all of them bowed down.

"I'm very sorry your grace, I didn't mean to say anything bad about the Young Master or gossip around while not doing my duties! I was just worried about the Young Master wellbeing."

Seeing the fear in their eyes, the duke retracted his hand and put it behind his back. His natural cold face scared the maids. He shifted his gaze from them and looked at the window beside him.

The spring leaf in the outside garden of the estate, with many trees and flowers blooming in the air, with a waterfall in the middle area of the garden, surrounded by well cared bushes by a sole gardener.

"... Just carry on with your duties then."

"Yes, Your Grace!"

The maids all left in a hurry. The duke sighed and walked towards the door. As he approached the door, Mia saw him and bowed down respectfully.

"Greetings, Your Grace."

The duke nodded, and Mia stood up straight.

"... Has Lysander not gotten out of the room yet?"

"Unfortunately, not yet... It seems he locked himself out after he took some books from the library."

The duke looked at her questionably.

"What type of books made him lock himself inside his room without any interactions?"

"That..."

Mia hesitates to answer for a second before answering.