Chapter 2 - May We Meet Again

"Brother! Are you looking outside the window again? Geez

"Brother! Are you looking outside the window again? Geez... don't you have anything else to do other than that? I'll be bored by just staring at the same thing for one minute."

As I continued sitting up in this hospital bed and looking through the window, I heard a familiar voice.

I turned my head and I saw him finish peeling an apple and cutting it into pieces.

How long has he been here without making a noise until now... Despite that, I still notice his smile that he always carries around.

A face what humans can call handsome, with dark eyes taking out from my father side, silky medium-curly brown hair from my mother, a fit body that resulted from exercise, pointed noise and light tone skin, while wearing a half yellow, half black jacket with a white top underneath, with blue plants on and dark blue sneaker.

I looked around to see if anyone else was there, but to no avail.

My brother was the only one that visited me. Someone kind and gentle, that showed happiness towards everyone. The ability to express his emotions as he desired.

He's the one who gave me the novel for me to read, the one who keeps visiting me, and the one that keeps showing me kindness. Truly, a caring brother.

Whenever he visits, I feel this warm sensation in my heart. A sensation that was conveyed in the book many times, the emotion called... happiness.

The same emotion I felt that day returned.

I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling this, but... It doesn't feel bad... I don't mind feeling like this for him.

Time went by in this distilled world. Soon, I became expected of his visit. Thinking that every time he visits me, I can continue feeling these emotions swirl inside me. That, I wasn't forsaken....

But despite feeling happiness, I can't express it to him... I try, but it just doesn't work. I dislike this feeling. I'm receiving something but can't give it back...

After a long moment of contemplation while watching the scenery outside the window, I slowly turn my head around and looked at him.

I began my facade.

I softened my eyes and wore a smile. A smile I wished was truly genuine...

"I have nothing else to do other than enjoy the world outside."

"If you want, I can recommend another novel that's been popular. I'm sure you'll love it like the other one!"

"Well, I certainly won't be disappointed with the gift that my little brother solely thought of to give."

"You won't be disappointed! There are many novels that have become popular throughout your stay in the hospital. Let's see... I'll get you a book like the one you read. You liked it since you finished it in a day. How amazing!"