Volume 1: Chapter 7.3 - The Merciless Siege(Adjudication)

"Kanzaki Ryuuji, you say? Are you sure?"

The school official took out a small notebook and began scribbling down the information.

"Of course I'm sure. I had a feeling he would try and pull something like this, the sly bastard. Him and I don't really get along, you see."

"May I ask the reason for this animosity between you two?"

"Apparently, he got pissed at me for provoking and blocking his class in the hallways. He thinks I'm the one pulling the strings since I'm regarded as the leader of my class. Of course, I never did such a thing. He was being delusional."

"I see. Based on your injuries, he must have been quite upset. Do you have any other evidence of the events that transpired, by any chance?"

"Of course. Take a look at this."

I unlocked my phone and showed the school official the two irrefutable pieces of evidence in my possession. This proof, along with my injuries, would seal Kanzaki's fate.

He would, without a shadow of a doubt, be expelled from the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

The school official's face darkened as he saw the contents on my phone.

"This is..."

"Yeah. Pretty interesting stuff, eh? I think the evidence is pretty conclusive. What will the consequences be for the perpetrator?"

"Based on what I've seen, and barring any potential witnesses or other contradicting evidence, the only suitable punishment will be expulsion."

"Expulsion? Really?" Komiya asked.

Damn, I almost forgot that Kondou and him were still there.

"That's right. I've been meaning to ask you this. Why are you two here?" The man pointed to Komiya and Kondou as he spoke.

"When I was making my way over to the school to report the incident, I happened to bump into them. Since they're my classmates, they helped me up the stairs and accompanied me here. I briefly told them what happened, so they know the details."

"Yeah. I was so shocked when I saw Ryuuen-san. It was horrible!" Kondou exclaimed.

"I'm glad we managed to help him. He was wobbling and having trouble walking," Komiya added.

"I see. By the way, can I get your name and class for future reference?"

"Ryuuen Kakeru, first-year Class B."

"Thank you. I would advise you to head over to the infirmary as soon as possible, seeing as that wound looks quite...unpleasant. If you're feeling dizzy or suddenly experience a surge of pain, then we could always do this another time."

"I'm fine, for the time being. Actually, I have a request I want to make to you."

"What is it?" the man asked.

"Tonight, the school is going to conduct its own investigation into this matter, is that correct?"

"Yes. We'll briefly check the footage and the records to confirm what happened to the best of our ability. Of course, we'll corroborate our results with the evidence you provided us."

"In that case, I'm gonna ask you to withhold judgment for the time being. I would like to have a chance to talk things through with my attacker personally."

"You do? For what reason, may I ask?"

"Heh. It's true that what he's done is worthy of expulsion, no question about that. However, since I'm a nice guy, I want to meet him and talk things out, man to man. Tomorrow after class, I want you to call him over to the faculty room, along with his homeroom teacher. Make sure to also call Ichinose Honami, his class leader as well. I want you to be there to facilitate the meeting."