Chapter 28: add scene

CEDRIC POV:

It's been years noong huling kita ko sa mga senior high school classmates ko, at huling kita ko rin sakanya, madalas kase nakikita ko lang sya sa mga picture kapag may sinesend sila JayR sa gc namin. Bago pa ako magdrama naghanda na ako para pumunta sa venue.

As I stepped into the dimly lit venue, the air crackled with anticipation, tinged with a hint of nostalgia. The senior high school reunion was an event I hadn't anticipated attending, yet here I was, surrounded by faces from a past life. Memories flooded my mind, each one a snapshot of a time long gone.

I navigated the room with a sense of detachment, exchanging pleasantries with old friends and acquaintances. And then, amidst the sea of familiar faces, I saw her – my ex-girlfriend. The sight of her sent a jolt through my veins, awakening dormant emotions that I had long thought buried.

Mas lalo syang gumanda...

Our eyes met across the room, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. The memories of our shared past washed over me like a tidal wave, threatening to pull me under. But beneath the surface, there was a sense of resignation – a recognition that the past was just that, and the present was all that mattered.

"Hi," I said, my voice betraying none of the turmoil raging within me.

"Hello," she replied, her voice soft and composed. It was a simple exchange, yet the weight of our shared history hung heavy in the air. We were two people who had once been inseparable, now standing on opposite sides of a divide, connected only by the memories we couldn't shake.

The conversation that followed was stilted and awkward, a far cry from the easy camaraderie we had once shared. We spoke of college experiences, career aspirations, and the passage of time, each word carefully chosen to avoid the elephant in the room. It was a dance of avoidance, a futile attempt to rewrite the narrative of our shared past.

As the night wore on, the tension between us seemed to dissipate, replaced by a sense of resignation. We laughed and reminisced about old times, sharing stories that felt like relics from another lifetime. And with each passing moment, I felt a sense of closure wash over me – a recognition that the wounds of the past had finally begun to heal. As the reunion came to a close, I found myself surrounded by a sense of peace that I hadn't felt in years. It was a peace born of acceptance and forgiveness, a recognition that some things were simply beyond our control. And as I bid farewell to my classmates, including her, I knew that this was not the end, but rather a new beginning.

Years had passed since that night, and life had taken me down paths I never could have imagined. Yet, the memories of our reunion lingered in the corners of my mind, a gentle reminder of the beauty of second chances. And as I looked back on that night, I couldn't help but marvel at the journey that had brought me here – a journey marked by growth, resilience, and the unwavering belief that no matter how far we stray, we are always capable of finding our way back home.

Sakin ka parin uuwi.....