Chapter 14: Going away

"So you're leaving again..." Sakura murmured, holding a small child in her arms. Sakura looked down at her child in her arms. Sarada was fast asleep, she wasn't expecting her to wake up with her father gone.

"It's for the best." Sasuke murmured, placing his hand on Sakura's shoulder. "Not only for the village, but for you two especially. I want our daughter to grow up in a time of peace, not another war."

Sakura looked at her husband. Tears started to fill her eyes. She couldn't imagine the idea of raising their daughter by herself. She knew this mission was going to be time consuming. It could take years for him to come back. This army... this army could be a huge deal.

"You know I'm doing this because I love you both.." Sasuke murmured, pulling Sakura close to him. Sakura looked at where his other arm should had been, just a few days before they were going to have an actual wedding, he was having arm pains. Tsunade said his body started to reject the transplant, and if they didn't get it off of him it would had caused more damage to him. Sasuke was just getting used to only having one arm again.

"I know..." She murmured. Sarada cooed in her arms, Sakura looked down at her. "At least you were here for her first steps... she still hasn't said a word yet.."

"And I wish I could witness her first word." Sasuke murmured, looking down at their daughter with Sakura. "I'm going to miss a lot..." Sasuke then pressed a kiss to Saradas forehead. "But I'd rather her have at least one parent then none."

"I know..." Sakura mumbled. She wanted to go with Sasuke, but she knew it was impossible because one of them needed to raise their daughter. "I remember that conversation back at the tower a year ago... I just never thought that plan would go into action this soon..."

"The sooner the better." Sasuke murmured. "The sooner I get this over with, the faster I can come back into Sarda's life."

Sasuke hugged Sakura close for a brief moment, then pushed himself away. They both knew he needed to get going. But walking away was going to be the hardest part. "I'll keep in contact." Sasuke promised right before he left the door. "And remember..."

"I know." Sakura said cutting him off. "I can't tell anyone. Not even our daughter..." She whispered. His mission was to be kept a secret, hokage's orders. What Sasuke was going to do would put their village at risk of war again, and that news wasn't something that would put the village at ease, it would put them in a panic again.

Sasuke paused at the door for a few moments, then opened the door. "I love you darling." Sakura whispered. Sasuke turned to look at her for a moment, then smiled.

"My heart is with you both, and I'll come back for it any chance I can."

As Sasuke left, Sakura's eyes were filled with tears. She was scared, scared she wasn't a good enough mother. How was she going to be a mother and a father figure to this girl?

"Pa....Pa..." She heard, it was an unfamiliar voice. She opened her eyes; shocked. Did Sarada just say her first word? She looked down at her daughter, her eyes were wide opened, and was looking around the room.

"What was that?" Sakura whispered, smiling at her daughter. "Is someone looking for Papa?"

"Pa...Pa....Papa..." Sarada cried out. Sakura smiled at her daughter.

"Sarada... Papa will be back before you know it." She promised, kissing her forehead.