Chapter 12

Namaste
Chapter 12

Tanushree sat gracefully draped in her exquisite red and golden Banarasi saree, her reflection shimmering in the mirror as the makeup artist worked her magic. "Ma'am, your skin is flawless," the artist remarked, earning a soft smile from Tanushree. "Please, go easy on the foundation. I prefer a more natural look," she requested politely, to which the artist nodded in understanding.

After the makeup was completed, Tanushree examined her reflection with satisfaction. "All done, ma'am. Are you satisfied with the look?" the artist inquired, to which Tanushree nodded appreciatively. "You did a great job, Preeti," she complimented, earning a grateful smile from the artist.

As Tanushree sat in front of the mirror, her husband entered the room, dressed impeccably in a navy blue Armani suit. Abhimaan was struck by his wife's beauty and couldn't help but admire her as he stood behind her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Leaning down, he whispered huskily in her ear, "You look breathtaking, Jaan. I could take you here and now." Tanushree's breath caught in her throat, her resolve tested by his proximity and his words. She clenched her legs together, determined to remain unaffected.

As Tanushree rose to leave, Abhimaan stopped her by her wrist, pulling her closer by her waist. "Maaf kar do, meri Jaan," he pleaded softly. Tanushree looked down, conflicted, before meeting his gaze. Seeing the sincerity in his eyes, she released a breath and nodded, her anger and hurt melting away. [ Forgive me muly love]

She hugged him tightly, feeling his warmth and the steady beat of his heart against her chest. Abhimaan stilled for a moment before slowly rubbing her back.

Tanushree and Abhimaan drove to the hotel where they were hosting the reception, the anticipation palpable in the air. As they arrived, they stepped out of the car, greeted by the flashing cameras of the media.

Abhimaan held Tanushree possessively by the waist as they posed for the cameras. "Take a deep breath and smile," he whispered softly, his voice a reassuring presence amidst the chaos.

Inside the venue, Tanushree met her parents, her heart swelling with emotion. She embraced them tightly, feeling their love and support enveloping her. Her eyes misted over as her father spoke, "Beta, tu khush toh hai na?" ( You are happy right?)

She nodded, her voice choked with emotion as she replied, "Ji Papa." The warmth of her family's love filled her heart, easing her nerves.

Amidst the chatter of his friends, Abhimaan stood holding a drink, his gaze wandering across the room. Sahil's words caught his attention. "Tanushree bhabhi is gorgeous," Sahil remarked, drawing Abhimaan's focus.

He followed Sahil's gaze and spotted Tanushree standing with his siblings, Hema and Karan, a radiant smile gracing her features. A sense of pride swelled within him as he watched her interact with their guests.

Abhimaan's friends insisted that he introduce Tanushree to them, eager to meet his new wife. However, Abhimaan hesitated, feeling ashamed to introduce her to his friends. He knew she wasn't as educated as the partners of his friends, nor was she from a wealthy family.

"I will introduce her to you all some other day," he dodged, trying to avoid the situation for the time being. Deep down, he felt uncomfortable about his wife's background compared to that of his friends' partners.

Ayaan, a close friend, joined their conversation, his words striking a chord with Abhimaan. "Yeah, mate, God has given you a second chance at love and saved you from that bitch Sophia. Cherish your marriage and wife," Ayaan emphasised, his voice filled with conviction.