Chapter 9

Namaste
Chapter 9
( Slightly mature content)

Tanushree woke up, feeling caged in her husband's arms. As she opened her eyes, she noticed their interlocked legs and realised her chest was pressed against his naked torso. Taking a moment to appreciate the intimacy of the moment, she carefully observed her husband's charming face. His long eyelashes grazed his cheeks, and the dishevelled hair only added to his irresistibly attractive appearance.

She gently raised her hand to touch his face, but her husband suddenly opened his eyes, looking at her with a dark intensity. "Don't. Touch. Me. Ever," he coldly whispered. Swinging his legs over the bed, he took out a towel from the nightstand and wrapped it around his waist. Tanushree, feeling the sudden chill in his demeanour, looked away.

"Move your stuff into my room," he ordered before entering the washroom, leaving Tanushree in a confusing mix of emotions, her attempt at intimacy abruptly dismissed.

She sat up, pulling the sheets closer around her. Suddenly, her eyes welled up with tears. As she looked at her Mehendi-clad hands, tears fell on the intricate patterns. In that emotional moment, the door to the washroom opened, and Abhimaan stepped out wearing sweatpants. Without casting a glance at her, he simply left the room, leaving Tanushree in a vulnerable state.

She moved slowly to the washroom and stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes reflected a stark contrast to the typical look of a newly married girl. Her neck was adorned with red and purple hickeys, telling a silent tale. Needing some solace, she decided to take a warm shower, leaning against the glass wall as the water cascaded over her.

Stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her, she looked at her reflection again. Determined to face the day, she chose to get ready in a maroon lehenga choli. The sound of her bangles jiggled as she combed through her wet strands.

She went ahead to perform the morning Puja, the routine providing a brief solace amid the swirling emotions. As she stepped into the kitchen afterward, she abruptly halted in her tracks. Abhimaan was leaning against the island counter, engrossed in a phone call. His sweatpants hung low on his hips, and as his eyes met Tanushree's, they lingered on her.

"I want it done by Monday," he stated before disconnecting the call. "Come here," he beckoned, sipping on what seemed to be black coffee. Timidly, she walked to him in small steps, uncertainty filling the space between them.

Standing just inches away from him, Tanushree found the floor unusually captivating. Abhimaan observed her carefully, realizing that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. His eyes caught the multiple hickeys adorning her neck, and a sense of satisfaction filled him. Without much contemplation, he pulled her closer by her waist, embracing her tightly. Inhaling her scent, he traced the tip of his nose along the curve of her neck, kissing each and every hickey. An involuntary moan escaped her lips, eliciting a smirk from him.

"You are beautiful, Tanushree. God surely did take his time to make you flawless," he whispered, the words hanging in the air, a contradictory sentiment to the complexities of their relationship.

Butterflies fluttered inside her stomach upon hearing her grumpy husband's compliment. Closing her eyes and tilting her head, she offered him more access. "You are... extremely handsome as well," she whispered, the words carrying a mix of admiration and desire. His smirk deepened as his hands skillfully worked on her choli (blouse), the atmosphere thick with a blend of desire and passion.

He pushed her against the counter, standing between her legs and parting them with his knees. With a sudden and deliberate move, he tore open her choli, leaving her gasping in surprise and arousal. Flushed cheeks, she managed to stammer, "What... what are you doing?"