9 - Kidnapping

I headcannon that Shinso's hero name is Manipulation Hero: Echo. It's cannon in this book.

•••

Evade Net Games? What a crude name. As Midnight explains the rules, Kotone focuses, laser sharp. She couldn't afford to lose in the first round.

"Everyone is confined in a field. Various traps will be sprung. If a net touches you, your time stops. The longer your time, the better you do. The game stops when everyone has touched a net, including the last person standing. Have fun!"

Kotone panics for a moment as huge walls surround the students. Its quiet for a moment.

Too quiet.

Large nets explode from the walls, entangling quite a few students. In the chaos, Kotone spots Aoyama, Ojiro, and Hagakure among the captured children.

Some students chose to evade, bobbing and weaving in hopes of not being hit. Others simply shoved other bodies in front of them. Not very hero like.

Most of the students in the hero course actually tried to fend off the nets. They looked stupid doing so, but at least they weren't hit. Bakugo made nets turn to pieces, Dark Shadow flung the weaves away from Tokoyami, Mina dissolved others as Midoriya sent them flying with flicks of his fingers.

One white net comes whistling at Kotone. In her hurry, a large blast of hellfire bursts out of her palm and incinerates it. The flames lick outwards and burns several general studies students. Wincing, Kotone turns her attention to another large net, this time directing will 'o wisps like wind to blow it away.

As the students rage battle on the nets, five sinister figures were watching them just above a hill rise.

"Ooh! Yumi-chan's quirk is a lot like your's, Nugget!"

Dabi smirks. "It's even blue. Grey blue. Greyish green blue. Maybe not after all."

"And her hair looks like a lighter version of yours, Shiggy!" Toga adds.

Mr. Compress chuckles. "These nets are doing so much work for us. What if we just infiltrate as the cleanup team and kidnap anyone tangled up?"

Twice hums. "Not a bad idea. Himiko-kun can shift into one of the staff, and I can measure and copy them. Compress could turn the rest into marbles and Toga can sneak you in."

Shigaraki simply stares into the distance, red eyes locking on the whirling figure of Kotone. His lips move, just barely, mouthing something none of his comrades can identify.

"Let's go!" Toga morphs into Mt. Lady, Twice promptly measuring her. When Jin finishes making the clone, Toga changes into Kamui Woods. Compress quickly turns them all to marbles, sneaking them into Toga's pocket.

"Remember how to release us," he instructs as he marbleized himself. "I'm not being stuck in a ball forever." The blond nods and palms the spheres, making her way with Twice 's Mt. Lady clone. She incapacitates the real Kamui and Mt. Lady with a knockout gas and heaves then into the closet. Then she slowly meanders the halls of the arena until she saw a huge pile of tangled up hero students.

"That cannot be humane!" the Mt. Lady clone exclaims. Toga scans the pile for Izuku or Ochako, but when her search comes up empty, she simply shrugs and throws the marbles on the ground, hitting designated pressure points to release her friends.

"Aarghga," Dabi groans as he stretches out. "I hate being marbleized. Sucks so bad. I hafta kill something now."

Compress chuckles and motions to the Mt. Lady clone. Dabi happily obliges and cuts into the fake hero, the clone dissolving into liquid before air.