𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7

"ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ'ꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴜꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛ!"

•┈••✦ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ✦••┈•

When we arrive at the Blockbuster, Stu splits off from me and makes his way to the horror section as I make my way to the counter. I dump my bag on the counter and tip out the contents, making Randy jump. "(y/n) hey! When did you rent out all these?" he asks as he piles up all of the tapes and starts to make a note of the returns. "I didn't, Casey did." I respond plainly. "Oh, I see." I decide to leave him be while he makes the return and go browse the other movies. I find myself drawn to the horror but also romance movies. I flick through a few, my eye being caught by Canyman, psycho and a few others, when I overhear Stu bugging Randy as he tries to put my returns back in the right places.

I make my way over to them, hearing Randy say "Oh no, now that's in poor taste," as he looks across the blockbuster. I follow his gaze and find Billy chatting to some girls a couple isles away, looking similar to the ones from the corridor earlier. "What?" Stu asks as he too looks over. Randy turns back to us, "if you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath, would you be standing in the horror section?". I pipe up "It was just a misunderstanding," and Stu nods in agreement, "yeah exactly, he didn't do anything." Randy scoffs at him "you're such a little lap dog." I giggle a little, "you do act quite like a puppy at times." Stu sticks out his tongue at me, before our attention is brought back to Randy who's looking over at Billy again. "He's got killer printed all over his forehead," this causes Stu to make a face at him, "oookaaay, really?" "Then why'd the cops let him go smart guy?" I follow on from Stu. "Because they obviously don't watch enough movies," Randy starts to go on about horror movies trying to argue his point. "Why would he want to kill his own girlfriend?" Stu asks boredly. Randy's face brightens a little, like it does every time he shares some nerdy movie knowledge, "there's always some bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend, that's the beauty of it, simplicity. Besides, if it gets too complicated, you lose your target audience." Something about the idea of Billy being the one to try and kill Sidney brings a small odd feeling of joy to me."Well, what's his reason?" I think aloud, curious as to what Randy's theory on the matter is. "Maybe Sidney wouldn't have sex with him." This causes Stu to smirk and me to laugh, "what? She saving herself for you?" he says in a mocking tone. This makes Randy look hopeful, "Maybe. Now that Billy tried to mutilate her, do you think she'd go out with me?" Stu erupts into laughter, and I continue giggling, then his face goes deadpan "no I don't, at all, no," which makes me laugh more.

The boys then get into some argument about Sidney's dad, Stu thinking it was him and Randy thinking it's more likely he's dead. Randy then starts to get very invested in proving his point and the argument ends in him shouting "EVERYBODY'S A SUSPECT!" People around the blockbuster are staring at Randy and that's when I notice Billy sneaking up behind him. He smiles and places his finger on his lips as he creeps forward. When Randy turns to leave the conversation, he's met with Billy right up in his face as he grabs his shirt and asks sternly, "how do we know you're not the killer, huh?" While I'm focused on their interaction, Stu comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, catching me by surprise. He rests his chin on top of my head and starts to ask me about the movie I was looking at, obviously trying to distract me from the tense moment. I begin to talk to him about different horror movies as he sways me from side to side. It's moments like this that make me wonder if this is normal friend behaviour or if he actually likes me the way I like him, but whenever those thoughts enter my mind, my brain quickly swamps me with images of Tatem and all the reasons he would never love me back. I zone back in as Billy and Randy finish their conversation, I wasn't paying attention to any of it but Randy looks a little shaken then storms off with a grumpy expression on his face. As I watch him leave, Billy makes his way towards me and ruffles my hair. I try to act annoyed however I end up smiling at him, to which he smiles back. "See you at the party tonight, Doll," he says before walking off. I stay stood with Stu for a bit longer, letting Billy's words swirl round my head. Something about the name he called me sounded familiar, but I can't quite remember why.

♡━━ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ━━♡

A/n
This chapter was actually written by me, YIPPEE! (though ofc Lia9485 helped me with spelling and grammar). We're over halfway through and really hope you're enjoying it so far!

~ Aj and Lia