seventeen

i woke up in bed with gus, i don't really know how long i'd been asleep for but i felt considerably more alive now. my heart was honestly full looking over at him in bed next to me. i didn't even have to think twice about forgiving him, this was all i had ever wanted.

he stirred awake next to me, blinking rapidly while his eyes adjusted to the sunlight. "how are you feeling?" he asked, "a lot better. thank you for coming over. i really appreciate it." i told him. 

"of course. i had to come see you. i was scared i'd lost you forever" he told me. "i don't think that's possible" i told him, "why not?' he asked. " i don't think anyone could ever replace you" i said, grabbing his hand. "good, because i don' think that anyone could ever replace you either" he told me.

"i'm sorry for the way that i treated you gus, i'm so sorry i regret it completely i should have never made you feel the way i did or made you feel used because i truly do appreciate you i understand everything now. you're the only person that's ever mad me feel safe and comfortable enough to actually feel my feelings and i didn't really even know how to so i'm really sorry again for everything. i'll be better" i told him. 

"k, you don't have to be better. i get it, i understand, i see you. i did stupid things too. but don't ever think you have to be better, you're perfect just how you are and you'll keep growing" he said. his sincerity brought me to tears, a reoccurring theme. 

"i love you, gus" i finally mustered up the courage to get those three words out. the feeling that had been torturing me with its unfamiliarity all this time. but i did, i undoubtedly loved him. i realized that after everything that's happened between us. 

his face lit up when i said that. "i love you too k" he reciprocated just as genuinely. "really?" i asked, i still couldn't fathom it. "of course, i have for a long time" he confessed. "so much for no strings" i laughed, paying homage to my past stupid ideations. "i knew from the moment i met you it was never gonna be no strings no matter how long it took you" gus said.

"can i ask you something?" he said, taking my hand in to his again. i nodded. 

"kalani, will you be my girlfriend. please?" he asked, "yes" i didn't hesitate for a second. for the first time i had everything i wanted, and needed. 

gus had shown me something i never dreamed of before i knew him, he pulled me out of a really dark hole and put me back together. i'm eternally grateful for him and i'll sped the rest of my days making sure nothing can take him from me. 

a/n omggg the end this is the last chapter

what did u guys think?

questions? loose ends u want tied up?

love yall so much. i have a few new stories posted so go check them out make sure u vot and comment xoxo