twelve

gus's pov

hailey

hey

read

hailey

i miss u gus

gus

hm didn't seem like it last time i saw you

hailey

we we're broken up

gus

i guess

hailey

did u miss me?

gus

idk

hailey

so yes?

gus

not necessarily

hailey

can i come over

i wanna talk

gus

okay sure

u left me remember

hailey

thats what i wanna talk about

---

i heard knocking on my door, assuming it was hailey. "it's unlocked" i yelled. the door slowly creaked open, hailey carefully stepping into my apartment. she was a pretty girl honestly, kalani and her definitely had a striking resemblance.

although i agreed to have her over i felt a little uneasy. the entire situation felt like she had an ulterior motive. "hey" i said, "can i sit?" she asked.

"yeah" i motioned to the couch across from me. "what do i want, why are you here?" i asked her.

"i told you, i missed you" she smiled, innocently. "what happened to calvin?" i asked, she just laughed "weird little love square we've got going on here isn't it?"

"yeah i'd like it to be over" i said.

"so, how have you been?" she asked, "fine" i pursed my lips a little, this just didn't feel right. she was like, a master manipulator.

"so when did you get back in town?" i asked her. although our relationship was turbulent it technically didn't add on bad terms. she broke up with me when she moved to seattle for a new job.

"couple of weeks ago. i got the same position but here, so i came home of course." she smiled. she did some sort of financial office job. professionally we couldn't be more opposite.

"hm, good for you" i told her. i still didn't know what her motive was.

"i'm really sorry for everything gus, i miss you. i can tell you are unsure but i came here genuinely". she reached across the table, putting her hand on mine.

maybe she wasn't lying. "we fought a lot" i reminded her, "yeah but it was always stupid and we always made up" she also reminded me. she was right. she was a fine girl but i don't really know if she's who i wanna be with forever.

"you never called me back the other day" she said. i remembered lying to kalani, telling her it was my mom calling me. "sorry, couldn't" i told her. "you we're with her won't you?" she asked. "who?" i played dumb, seeing how much she really knew.

"kalani" she said, "yeah, i was. how do you know about her?" i asked. "calvin talks about her" she said. "why aren't you with him?" i asked

she rolled her eyes, "total man whore".

hailey stood up from the opposite couch, coming to sit down next to me. "what are you doing?" i asked. "i've been thinking" she said, "for a while now".

i nodded, waiting for her to continue to speak. "do you want to get back together?" she asked

"what?" i was surprised, "i'm serious. i think the time apart did us good. i really miss you gus, i miss us" she told me. she kept telling me she missed me, but i couldn't say it back.

"gus?" she asked, i guess i had zoned out. "yeah?" i asked. "what do you think, do you want to get back together?" she asked again. "i don't know if thats a good idea hailey" i told her, "why not?" she asked.

"i just don't. think it is, you're gonna end up getting hurt" i told her, "why do you think so?" she asked.

"you're not who i think about" i told her, i was only being honest.

"well i can be" she said, slowly leaning in towards me. her hands finding their way to my shoulders.

"think about me, look at what's in front of you" she said, closing the gap between us. our lips brushed lightly. i don't know what i was thinking but i kissed her back.

i ran my hands down her body, deciding to just enjoy the moment for old times sake. i brushed her hair away from her neck, kissing her neck down to her collar bones.

"this for me?" i asked, admiring her lingerie set. she nodded. i'd let my mind go at this point letting temptation win.

i snapped back to reality when i heard the door knob turn and the deadbolt click. before i even had a chance to react the door opened "hey gus i brought some-"

kalani stopped dead in her tracks, dropping the bag in her hand. hailey was half naked on top of me, this did not look good for me

i moved hailey off me, leaving her on the couch to try and keep the situation salvageable with k.

"kal it's not what it looks like" i panicked, that was probably the worst thing to say.

"what the fuck gus?" she asked.

she didn't scream, she didn't yell, she didn't show any anger

she sounded devastated, broken. tears began to collect in her eyes.

"k i'm so sorry can we talk" i asked.

she walked past me straight to hailey "you're such a fucking whore" she screamed at her. "me? you act like we aren't fucking the same guys"

"it's different" she said to her, "i don't think so" hailey said, "why don't you go ask him?" hailey asked, gesturing to me.

"you're such a bitch" she yelled. "hailey you should go" i told her

"gus..." she sounded surprised, like she wanted me to stick up for her. "this was a mistake, you need to get out" i told her, handing her her stuff.

she left, slamming the door behind her. 

"gus what the fuck?" kalani broke down crying. "k i'm so sorry let me explain?" i pleaded her

"i don't even want to talk to you right now" she said, just looking at the ground

"can you just listen then please?" i begged

she nodded, sitting on the couch in silence waiting for an explanation.