The Meeting

Mai leads Tai down a long, dark corridor. "Where are we going?" Tai asks. "I want to make sure that your father is the one that killed my family" Mai starts feeling the wall.

"You going to show me a picture? Cause if you are, I won't recognise them" Tai says. "Uh huh" Mai stops and presses the wall.

The whole wall falls away, revealing an empty room. Mai walks over the bricks and goes into the room.

Tai goes to the entrance and hesitates. "I know what you are thinking. 'Empty room, shes gonna kill me! She may even rape me!' I will not kill you and I am not into that whole rape thing" Mai grins as she hears Tai walk over the bricks.

As soon as he's in, she raises her hand and the bricks seal the wall up again. She touches a lamp and it lights up, lighting the room in a faint glow.

"Why do we have to be hidden in this room?" Tai asks. "I can concentrate better in the silence" Mai sighs.

"Close your eyes" Mai says. Tai closes his eyes. Mai raises her hands. A blue fog comes out of them and blows over Tai's face. "Can you see anything?" Mai asks.

"I can see a man. He has a hood on, you can only see a lock of hair. He has a sword" Tai says. He opens his eyes "He's my father." Mai drops her hands. "Great, well it looks like I will be busy for a while" she goes up to the wall and presses it again.

It falls away and she exits, Tai close on her heels. "Thank you for your help. You can go back to your family, or whoever you've been staying with" Mai walks down the corridor swiftly. "I am not leaving!" Tai snaps.

"Why not?" Mai asks. "You need my help. You don't know my fathers name and you have no idea where he lives" Tai says.

"Fine, you can help. But if you get hurt its your problem, not mine" Mai leads Tai to one of the smaller rooms. In it is a single black bed, with a black wardrobe opposite it. There is a window next to the bed. "You will be staying in here. Try to keep it quiet, noise travels" Mai says as Tai looks around.

"Oh, and we will be seeing your father tomorrow. You might want to try an be prepared for it" she frowns and shuts the door.

Mai goes to her room and changes into a black tank top with black pants. She does her hair up into a side plait.

She sits on her bed and looks at her family photo. "Tomorrow I will meet your killer" she says. "And tomorrow I shall begin planning to rip his heart out" she says, the lies down and falls asleep.

The next morning Tai wakes up to sunlight pouring through the window.

He gets up and goes to the wardrobe. He opens it and finds piles of black pants and black shirts. He puts on a pair of pants and a shirt.

He then leaves the room and manages to find his way to the throne room. In there he finds Maisarah seated in her throne.

She wears the same as yesterday, except she has her hair up in a pony tail. She also has a black cloak on.

"Are you ready?" she asks without even looking at him. "Ready as I'll ever be" Tai replies.

"Great" she says and gets out of her throne. "Come with me" Mai leaves the castle. Tai follows her.

She takes him to a big stable. "I hope you can ride" she sighs. In the isle of the the stable are two horses.

One is as black as ebony, and the other is as white as snow. They are both tacked up in the darkest possible bridle and saddle.

Mai goes up and mounts the black one. "You are riding Blizzard. Keep close" she gives her horse a squeeze and walks out of the stable.

Tai sighs and mounts Blizzard. He gets her to walk out of the stable and after Maisarah.

When he catches up to her they start to trot until they arrive at the town. "Slow down. We have to walk past the towns people. They have to notice us" Mai says.

"Help! Please!" a woman screams. Tai and Maisarah look and see that a building is on fire.

"Stay here" Mai says and gets off her horse. She runs over to the building. She draws her hands back then shoots them forward, causing the water from a near by well to soak the house, putting out the fire.

An old lady runs out of the house with two little boys. "Thank you" she says. Maisarah turns around an goes back to her horse. She mounts him and gallops out of the town. Tai follows.

They don't slow down until they hit the woods that surround the kingdom. "It was a good thing that you did. Back there I mean" Tai says.

"If the fire spread, all the other buildings would burn" Mai says. "I knew you had a soft spot for something" Tai smirks.

"I do not!" Maisarah snaps. "If all the buildings burned, they would have to pay to fix them. That would use all of their flonders. How are they meant to pay taxes if they don't have any flonders?" she says.

They arrive at a sign post that points in several directions. "Where to?" Mai asks as they pull up at the sign."

"Edwan" Tai says and they both go left. "What is your mother like?" Mai asks. "My mother was a cheater. She cheated on my father, before I was born. They broke up after she found out that she was pregnant. Father thought that the child belonged to another man and so did mother" Tai frowns.

"I'm sorry" Mai sounds generally sorry. At this Tai looks at her. He thinks that she is beautiful, she just has a dark heart.

"When I was born, my mother called me Taidonothie. She got me tested to see whether I belonged to another man or not. When she realised that I belonged to my father, she kept it a secret. She raised me until I was 5. My father found out about what she had done. One night he broke into the house. Mother told me to hide and shut me in the cupboard. I heard her scream and fall down. Then my father opened the cupboard and he said 'Your mother was a bad person.' Then he took me to his house. He didn't like Taidonothie very much, so he just called me Tai. Thats everyone has called me since" Tai sighs.

"What is your father's name?" Mai asks. "Hansen" he replies. "Look! There's a..." Mai looks ahead where there is a massive opening with one, double storey house standing in the middle. There are burned remains of other houses around it.

"House" Mai finishes her sentence. There is a sign at the front of the opening that says 'Edwan.'

Mai stops her horse in the woods and gets off him. "We'll leave Cobalt and Blizzard here" she says and heads towards the house. Tai gets off Blizzard and runs after her.

They go up to the door and Mai knocks. After a minute the door opens, revealing a guy who looks around 50 years old. He has short brown hair except for one lock, that reaches his shoulder. He is shorter then Mai and Tai. He has a sword sheath on his waist with a sword in it.

"Tai. You've come home!" he says happily. "No father, I haven't" Tai glares at him.

"Oh. May I ask, who are you?" Hansen directs the question to Mai. "I am Maisarah. You might remember me as the girl that you couldn't kill 12 years ago" Mai grins evilly.

"You are also the little girl who was powerless against me and watched as I stuck the sword into the chest of your little sister" Hansen grins.

In rage Mai flicks her hand causing him to be thrown back into the house. "Sorry, I slipped" she says. He gets up and comes to the door again.

"What do you want?" Hansen snaps. "I want to know why you killed my family. And then, I want to rip your heart out and cause you the amount of pain that you caused me" Mai says.

All of a sudden Maisarah and Tai get thrown back by an invisible force. They both roll a couple of times before they stop. "Maybe another day. Now get off my property!" Hansen yells and slams the door shut.

Mai gets up and goes back to the horses. "What are we going to do now?" Tai asks as he mounts Blizzard. Mai mounts Cobalt and starts in the other direction, Tai hot on her heels. "Somehow, your father is really powerful. I need to strengthen my powers if I want to kill him" Mai gets Cobalt to gallop and Tai does the same with Blizzard.