No Regrets

"So, an evil spirit called Isobelle has possessed your body. When she comes out or you try to use her power then you cannot control what she does, you can only watch" Tai nods as he tries to understand.

"Yes" Mai nods. "What is wrong?" Val asks Maisarah in alarm. After a moment of confusion Val sighs. "I can see in your head that your in pain" he clarifies.

"I just don't feel the best right now" she frowns. "You feel like you want to throw up" Val says. Tai hits Val in the arm, "Get out of her head." "What, would you like to let her suffer in silence? What a kind man you have grown into Tai" Val groans.

"The two of you, just stop" Mai flicks her hand out and throws Tai into the wall. She gasps and rushes over to him. "I am so sorry" she says. "I'm fine" Tai says and grabs the back of his neck as he gets up.

"Your emotions are all mixed because of your illness. Causing your powers to go out of control" Val says annoyingly. "Mai you need to rest" Tai insists. "Fine, I shall get out of your hair. I will go and rest" she sighs and leaves the room.

"Do you think that she is okay?" Tai asks. "The fire realm has different affects on people. It has probably just made her Ill. I say we do not need to worry" Val replies.

Mai runs to the bathroom and throws up. "What is wrong with me?" She mutters. She wipes her mouth with the back of her hand and goes to her room. She sits of the bed and looks out the window.

All of a sudden, someone bursts into her room. Mai turns around to see Sadon. "Please forgive me for the intrusion your majesty, but there is a woman in town who harnesses magic" he bows slightly.

"Saddle Cobalt. I shall meet you at the stables in a minute" she orders and Sadon leaves the room. She closes her eyes and imagines the stables. When she opens them, she is in the stable and her stallion awaits her.

She mounts him and gallops to the village, a few guards trailing behind. Mai frowns at the unpleasant smell of the village. She arrives at the town centre to see a woman with deep purple, turtle neck, sleeveless dress on with a red cape. Her pale white hair rests in a knot on the top of her head.

The looks at Mai as a grin spreads over her face, she can't be older then 25. "Queen Maisarah, what an honour" she says without bowing. "Magic is banned in this kingdom except for my use only" Mai snaps.

"My name is Ela. I have useful information and I suggest that you do not kill me before I tell you" she extends a hand. "Fine. What is it that you know?" Mai asks.

Ela smiles and walks closer to Mai so their faces are only inches from each other. "There are things that you do not know about yourself" she whispers and gently places a hand on Mai's stomach. "You are with child, but the one who you are with. He has long white hair, dead straight that falls to his knees. He is the brother of your partner. You secretly have feelings for him but you hide them not with ease."

"Nonsense! I am not pregnant!" Mai yells. "Listen" Ela softly says. Mai sighs then listens carefully and hears a faint heartbeat. "No" shock instantly covers her face and her hand flys to her stomach.

"Maisarah" she hears Val call. She turns around and sees him standing there. "There he is" she hears Ela behind her. "Are you alright?" Tai all of a sudden pops into view. Tai. How is she going to explain things to him. "I am fine" she says and swiftly walks to Cobalt. She mounts him and heads back to the castle.

"Ela, what are you doing here?" Val asks, breaking the silence. "Ask your beloved Queen" she grins and disappears into blue smoke. "Let us head back brother" is all Val says before mounting a grey, piebald stallion and heading back to the castle.

Mai brings her knees up to her chest in her bed and weeps on her bed. She has messed up big time. She cannot bear the look that would appear on his face if she told him. Tai can never know.

"Maisarah" Val softly says. Mai looks up and sees him standing at her door. "Are you alright?" He walks over to her. "I'm fine" she says. Val sits on the bed beside her and places a hand on her shoulder. "What is the matter?" He asks.

He has the right to know. He is the father. "I'm with child" she sobs. "That's great! Why are you so upset? That's great news!" Val exclaims. "No. It's not. The child isn't Tai's" Mai says and Val straightens. "The child is yours."

"How? It was one time, and we were under the influence of the fire realm" Val says. "I don't know! All I know is, I can't tell Tai. It will break his heart" Mai's sobs and Val wraps his arms around her. "We will find a way" he tries to comfort her. Mai grips onto his arm and just cries.

Tai hears a knock on his door and stands up. "It's open" he says and Maisarah walks in. "Mai, how are you?" He asks. "I'm pregnant" she says. "That's amazing! We are going to be parents!" Tai exclaims.

"No, the child isn't yours" Mai says and tears start to fall down her cheeks. "What?" Tai asks in shock then looks at the ground. "Who? Who is it?" He asks.

"Valtwine" she sobs. "Tai I'm truly sorry." "You slept with my brother! Out of all people! And now your carrying his child!" Tai yells. "I am so sorry" Mai pleads. "I don't know if I can forgive this" he says.

Mai wipes her eyes and goes to the door. "I don't regret it. I should, but I do not" her voice wavers and she walks to her chambers.