Heartbreak

The sun shines through the window and into Mai's eyes, waking her up. She stretches her arms out and feels the space next to her. She remembered what happened last night.

The kissing and her asking him to stay. God she was an idiot. She gets up and goes to Tai's room. She opens the door and sees him staring out his window.

"Tai" she says. He grunts and looks at her. "Maisarah" he says. "I am sorry about last night. I was highly emotional and I had know idea what I was doing" she says. "I know" Tai smiles. "Thats why I left."

"Look, that kiss. It didn't mean anything. Last night, maybe it did, but not today and not ever again. Ok?" she sighs. "Can we just forget that it ever happened?"

"Forget that what happened?" Tai asks. Mai smiles slightly before leaving the room.

As soon as she leaves a sob escapes Tai's mouth. He hasn't slept all night. He's been thinking about Mai and hoping that the kiss did actually mean something.

Tai didn't see it before but he does now. He has fallen for Maisarah.

Mai goes to the throne room and sits in her throne. She doesn't even bother to change into fresh clothes.

When Mai left Tai, she heard him sob. "Am I doing the right thing?" she mumbles. "Maisarah" Sadon walks in. "Hello Sadon" Mai nods.

"You're in early" he says. Mai bites her lip and nods. "Do you want me to go out and find someone?" he asks. "No, not today" Mai looks at him. "How old are you?" she finds herself asking.

"834. I became immortal when I was 23 years old. Round the time when I started teaching witches and wizards like you" he smiles.

"I need a distraction" Mai mutters. "I'm sorry?" Sadon questions. "Come with me" she says and gets up.

She goes to her bedroom and Sadon follows. "I kissed Tai last night" she says. "I kissed him and then this morning I told him that it didn't mean anything, but I think it did and I think that I hurt him. I think I hurt myself as well" she frowns.

"Well maybe you should stop thinking and start knowing" Sadon says. "I know but knowing is much harder then thinking and I just, I just can't deal with knowing right now. Ok?" Mai pulls her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Find me rude, but may I ask why you brought me to your bedroom?" he asks.

Mai looks at him. "So no one can see this" she says and presses her lips to his. At first Sadon's to surprised to do anything, but then he wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer to him.

Mai puts her arms around his neck, letting him pull her closer. All of a sudden the door closes. They instantly pull away from each other and look.

Mai takes he arms away and walks to the door. She opens it and looks around. She sees no one.

"I'm sorry Sadon. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm an emotional wreck" Mai starts to cry and leaves the room. Sadon just stands there. This has happened before.

Whoever he's been serving takes advantage of him, but he's never gotten mad about it. Because every time that that's happened, he's been in love with the girl. This time though, he's fallen for the evil one. One that could never have feelings for him. After a minute he leaves Mai's room and goes to his own.

Tai went to the throne room, but Mai wasn't there, so he went to her room. The door was open so he looked in. He saw Mai with her arms around Sadon's neck. They were kissing.

Tai quickly shut the door and left. He goes to his room and sit on the bed. He can't believe what he just saw. He can't believe that she would be kissing him.