A Strange Witch

"Clear the bench!" Val yells at Sadon as he and Tai burst in with Mai. Sadon quickly pushed everything off the bench and onto the floor.

Tai places Mai on the bench. "What happened?" Sadon asks. "Someone attacked her" Val says. "Wait, a while ago she almost died but she had this necklace on that saved her" Tai says.

He checks her neck and sees that the necklace still rests on her throat. "Do we have to chant a spell for it to work? Because it is not healing her if you hadn't noticed, she's dead!" Val yells.

"And she's going to stay that way if we don't calm down!" Tai yells back at his brother. "Why don't you do something if your so powerful?" He asks. Val looks vexingly at him. "I am a fighter, not a healer" he says through gritted teeth.

"Aren't there other witches around that can heal the queen?" Sadon asks. "Mai took away all of the witches powers in this kingdom except for one" Tai says and everyone gets their hopes up for a second. "But she killed her" Tai frowns.

"It would take too long to send for one. She would truly be gone" Sadon says. "There's nothing we can do" Val says. They hear a neigh outside. Tai goes to the window and sees a woman in a long black cloak galloping through the castle gates on a brown horse.

"Someone's hear" he says and rushes to the throne room. Everyone follows him. The woman swiftly walks through the doors and takes her cloak off. She wears a navy blue jumpsuit. She has blue boots on and her hair sits below her ears and is a pale blonde.

"The queen isn't well at the moment. You will have to come back another day" Val says. "I know. I can heal your queen" she says. "How can we trust you?" Tai asks. "Well, you don't have another witch around that could get here in time, and if you don't let me heal her then Maisarah shall be dead forever" she smiles.

"What's your name?" Val asks. "Oh, you don't need to know my name. Just call me Nat for now" Nat says. "Are you going to take me to her or not?"

Tai and Val look at each other then head to where Mai is. When Nat gets in there she plunges her hand into Mai's chest. "What are you doing!?" Tai yells and goes to grab her when Val pulls him back.

"Val! She's crazy!" Tai snaps. "I can see into her head. Her intentions are clear. She's going to remove whatever's in Mai's chest" Val says.

After a few minutes Nat removes  her hand. "A poisoned breath. I haven't seen this in ages" she smiles and holds her hand out towards the boys. "There's nothing there" Tai says annoyingly.

"Trust me, there's something there" Nat says and clenches her fist. "It will kill any witch that it touches" she says. "She should wake in a few hours" she smiles and gets up.

"You're just going to leave?" Tai asks hopefully. "No. I'm going to wait until she wakes up. Just make sure that everything works ok" Nat says. "You can go and do what you usually do. I'll just be in here keeping an eye on Maisarah."

"We should take her to her room first" Val says and picks Mai up off the bench. They go to her room and place her on the bed. Val and Tai then leave.

"Well, it looks like it's just the two of us" Nat smirks at Mai. "Should we catch up? Don't worry you needn't say anything, yet then again you can't say anything. You're unconscious, maybe even dying."

Nat places the back of her hand on Mai's forehead. "You're very cold" she says and checks Mai's pulse. She grins and goes too the door. She opens it and yells, "Val! Tai! Come quick! Mai's not breathing!"

Val and Tai arrive within seconds. "What went wrong!?" Val asks. "I-I don't know" Nat tries to sound alarmed. Tai goes and looks at Mai. "I can't lose her again" his voice starts to wobble.

"Tai" Val goes over and grips his Tai's shoulders. "Maisarah wouldn't want you to cry. You need to stay strong. She needs us to be strong right now, okay?" He embraces Tai. Tai sobs into his shoulder.

Nat grins to herself. She inserted more poisonous breath into Mai when she took the first lot out. Mai didn't have a chance from the beginning.

"We should organise a funeral" she suggests. The boys separate. "You're right. We shall burn her then scatter her ashes over the castle" Tai says. "No" Nat snaps. "I-I mean, wouldn't it be more peaceful if we just bury her?" She quickly recovers.

"Let's go bury a witch then" Val says and leaves the room. Tai picks Mai up and follows him outside with Nat hot on his heels. They get outside to see that Val has already dug a hole in the ground.

"Place her in there" Val keeps starring at the ground. He doesn't want the others to see him crying. Tai tries to gently place Mai in the hole. Val uses his magic to fill the hole with dirt.

Tai starts crying and walks back to the castle. Val finishes with the grave and stands up so to look Nat in the eye. Her eyes stare straight into his shoulder so he has to look down on a painful angle. "How did you know our names? Only my name was said before. I never mentioned Tai's" he speaks in a low growl.

"Umm" Nat thinks. She has to find a way to cover her tracks without making it too obvious. "I'm a witch. I could read it in your heads" she says. Val looks her over and goes back to the castle. He doesn't trust her. There are only three people that can see into others minds. Val is one of them and he has met all of the other ones that can.

Nat kneels by the grave and places her hands on the dirt. "Fools" she mumbles.

"I call the power beneath the soil to rise and come into me" she chants. All of a sudden something throws Nat back into the walls of the castle. She smashes through a wall and lands in the throne room.

Val and Tai come running out. "What's going on?" Tai asks. Nat coughs up some blood and gets up. "You tell me" she nods towards the grave. They all look and see Maisarah standing on top of it, covered in dirt and dry blood.

"Maisarah" Tai gasps and runs over to her. She smiles and runs to him and they embrace. "Tai" she says. "I thought you were dead, again" he half giggles. "Well I'm still here" she says and hugs him tighter, then let's go.

She looks over and sees Val. She swiftly walks over to him. "Valtwine" she sighs. "You almost had me, luv" he smirks. She smiles and embraces him. "One point to me then" she smiles.

"Maisarah" Nat interrupts. Mai pulls away from Val and looks at Nat for the first time. She gasps and takes a step backwards. "Natheria" she mutters. "Do you know each other?" Val asks.

"She is my sister" Mai says.