Twin Boxes

What am I going to do with her? I have just threatened her life and she had the guts to tell me I wasn't evil

What am I going to do with her? I have just threatened her life and she had the guts to tell me I wasn't evil. I admire her confidence, but why would she think I am good? I know she knows who I am. But she doesn't think I am evil.

She is right. I can't just send her to the echo caves or banish her. This is why I don't want a girl on the island. The boys are already attached to her after four days of knowing her. All of the boys have asked me at least once when she was knocked out if she was okay.

What choice do I have? I have to let her stay. Not because I want to. I can't let myself go soft over some girl, no matter how admirable she is.

But I can't let her stay here looking like that. She is infuriatingly beautiful, but she is hardly clothed. She has a small figure and her clothes are torn and ripped from her rough experience here so far. Yet even after all that has happened to her, she still wants to stay. I respect her determination and commitment.

Once I get into my room, which is only two doors down, I start looking for a chest. I don't have any girls clothes on the island, and I'm sure she won't want boys clothes. Among my collection of trinkets and magical objects strewn across my room I have two boxes. One is the infamous Pandora's box, and the other is its twin.

Pandora's box holds discord and chaos and danger. The other box was going to be the gift given to Pandora, had she done what she was told and kept the first box shut. Since she didn't, the second box was thrown into the ocean.

The second box was called Medora's box. Medora's box holds prosperity and gifts. When you open it, it is full of whatever it is that you need.

I traded two prisoners to the sea witch, Ursula, and she gave me Medora's box in return. I was given Pandora's box from a man in a village in return for seven thousand gold coins. I have no use for coins on my island and I have plenty, so it was a fair enough trade.

➳➳➳➳➳➳

Once I get back to my study, Nick is sitting on the couch admiring the view. She seems to like the ocean quite a bit. I wonder why she is so attracted to it.

'Come here, I have something for you.' She looked startled, so I don't think she heard me come in. Still she stands anyway and makes her way to the desk I am currently standing by.

As soon as I set the box down on the desktop she has a long, sharp-edged knife pointed directly at my jugular. Instinctively, I throw my hands up in mock surrender.

'Why the hell do you have Pandora's box? Why would you bring it to me? If you really don't want me here just kill me, don't release discord on the whole island! You may be powerful but not powerful enough to get Eris back into that box once she is released! You must be a fool if you think I will let you open that box and damn all of those poor boys!' She scolded me like a mother would her naughty child. I understand her confusion, but she needs not be worried.