Sokka (Avatar : The Last Airbender)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[W/N] = Weapon Name

: = Dialogue

(I....honestly can't think of a good genderbend name, so we'll just stick with Sokka.)

Now let the story begin.

While her sister Katara is arguing with Toph over who's the better bending teacher for Aang, Sokka is doing some battle practice with [Y/N], her childhood friend from the Southern Water Tribe.

[Y/N] : Alright Sokka, show me what you've got!

Sokka : You're on [Y/N]! Go, boomerang attack!

She shouts and throws her boomerang at him, which he ducks to avoid.

[Y/N] : Nice try, better luck next time.

Sokka : You know what's really cool about boomerangs [Y/N]?

He gives her a confused look before getting hit in the head by the rebounding boomerang.

[Y/N] : Ow!

Sokka : They always come back to you.

Her friend rubs the back of his head as she smiles and picks up the boomerang.

[Y/N] : You know what? I'm not gonna take it easy on you anymore Sokka! Though my head hurts, I will get revenge you cursed boomerang wielder!

He pulls out his [W/N] as Sokka readies her black sword.

Sokka : Do your worst [Y/N]!

They both let out a battle cry before running at each other, both tripping and falling on their faces.

[Y/N] : Well....this is a little embarrassing.

Sokka : Yeah. Wanna call it a draw?

[Y/N] : Sure.

He gets up and offers Sokka a hand, causing her to blush faintly before accepting it.

Sokka : Sorry about the back of your head by the way.

[Y/N] : It's fine. I've received so much head trauma over the years, so I'm kinda used to it?

Sokka : Remember that time you ran head first into an ice wall? That was hilarious!

[Y/N] : It really was! I lost consciousness for like...half an hour. Ahhh, good times.

They both chuckle as Katara and Toph are still arguing in the background while Aang watches them in uncomfortable silence.

[Y/N] : Jeez, I honestly feel kinda bad for the kid. How long do you think this will go on?

Sokka : Eh, as long as I'm not the one Katara's yelling at, then it doesn't matter to me. Aang will be fine, if things get too heated, he'll put a stop to it.

[Y/N] : While they're busy bickering, what do you wanna do now?

Sokka : I'm gonna begin working on my battle plans. If anyone from the Fire Nation attacks us on our way to Ba Sing Se, we have to be prepared.

[Y/N] : Smart. You're an excellent strategist just like your dad Sokka.

She blushes from his compliment and smiles at him.

Sokka : Thanks [Y/N]. I may not be a bender like Aang, Toph, and my sister, or as skilled a fighter as you are, but I'm happy that I can contribute something to the group.

[Y/N] : Are you kidding? Sokka, you have no idea how much we need you!

Sokka : I appreciate you trying to be nice [Y/N], but-

[Y/N] : But nothing. We would be lost without your ingenuity and quick thinking. Neither of us are benders, in fact all I have going for me is my fighting prowess with [W/N], but you Sokka...are smart, funny, creative, and incredibly skilled with swords, clubs, and boomerangs. You are proof that bending isn't everything. All these amazing qualities of yours are what made me...fall in love with you.

Sokka's eyes widen as she looks at him with her blush becoming an even deeper shade of red.

Sokka : C-could you repeat that last part [Y/N]? I'm uhhh...not sure I heard it right.

[Y/N] : I said I love you Sokka. I kinda have for a while now.

Sokka : O-ok then, so I did hear you correctly the first time? W-wow, I can't believe this is happening.

Feeling a rejection is coming, [Y/N] sighs sadly before speaking up again.

[Y/N] : L-look Sokka, we can just forget this conversation ever happened if you'd like.

Sokka : .....no.

[Y/N] : W-what do you mean 'no'?

He asks her in surprise as she moves closer to him with a blush still on her face.

Sokka : I said no. I don't want to forget about this because....I love you too [Y/N].

[Y/N] : You do?

Sokka : Uh-huh, and I have since we were kids. After losing our mom and our dad disappearing, you have always been there for me and Katara. You've been my closest friend, and I couldn't help but fall for you, especially with you always supporting me when I need it.

The two smile at each other before leaning in to share a kiss, which unfortunately gets interrupted by Aang.

Aang : Look! [Y/N] and Sokka are kissing!

Sokka : Oh come on!

[Y/N] : Well that moment is ruined.

The three come running over to them with, making the two sigh.

Aang : Are you two dating now?

Sokka and [Y/N] look at each other with a smile before giving the young Avatar a nod.

Aang : That's great! I'm really happy for you guys!

Katara : Somehow I always knew you two would get together.

She smiles and hugs her sister.

Toph : About time! Even a blind person could tell that you have feelings for each other! I would know! Congrats on getting a boyfriend Madam Boomerang.

Sokka : Heh, thanks Toph.

[Y/N] : It's almost noon, so how about you and I go find some food babe?

Sokka : Sounds good. Wait, did you call me babe?

[Y/N] : Yeah? Do you not like it?

Sokka : I love it!

She says and kisses him before the two head off to hunt for some food together.