Prologue

Beelzebub "(Y/n)" Morningstar, the sixth born and avatar of Gluttony, felt tired. This feeling had nothing to do with the connection with their twin brother, the avatar of Sloth, but it was unusual. (Y/n) had just made it through dinner with their brothers, there were no arguments tonight which did little to make (Y/n) feel better. They had been feeling off all day, to the point where their large appetite felt almost nonexistent. They even skipped lunch due to their paranoia and instead they spent their time buried in their assignments. Adding to the fact that (Y/n) could swear they had been hearing trotting hooves following them.

"Beel? (N/n)? (Y/n), are you okay?" Looking towards the voice, their eyes locked with an identical pair of purple irises.

"Belphie? I'm okay.." Belphegor didn't look like he believed them, he quickly crossed the small space between their beds to sit beside his twin. Gently taking his siblings larger hands into his own, he leveled them with a concerned look.

" Are you sure? You've been on edge all day. I mean- you barely finished dinner, you didn't even go back for seconds!"

"I made you worry," Their voice was filled with guilt. "I'm sorry...'"

"No, you don't have to apologise. I'm sorry I didn't ask earlier," Belphie sounded just as guilty as (Y/N) felt, he began to absentmindedly fiddle with his twins fingers.

They both continued to sit in silence, just enjoying each other's company until (Y/n) tried to stifle a yawn. Belphegor let out a soft laugh, standing up slowly before giving his twin a comforting hug.

"Goodnight Beel. Don't forget that you can talk to me about anything," (Y/n) gave their brother a warm smile. Laying down, they gave their twin one last smile, letting out a soft whisper before drifting off into sleep.

"Goodnight Belphie.."

~

Ah, My dear esteemed benefactor...

My proud, beautiful flower of evil.

You are truly the fairest one of all.

O magic mirror, thy wisdom I entreat...

Reveal unto me the visage I seek...

You, whose image the Dark Mirror did beckon forth...

If your heart bids it, take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror.

~

As flame reduces even the stars to ash
As ice seals away even time itself
As great trees swallow even the sky

Fear not the power of darkness.
Now- demonstrate your power.

To me. To them. To yourself.
The hour grows long, and time is scarce.

Keep your grip, no matter what may come...

~

•Welcome to the Villains' world•