Chapter 10

"Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel."

"Myah?!"

"Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Ace hunched over, holding his stomach in laughter. "Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right?"

Ace pointed to (Y/n).

"The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic," he then pointed to Grim. "And the monster no one summoned at all."

(Y/n) felt uncomfortable, it's not like they wanted to be brought here.

"It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!"

"H-hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!" Grim protested.

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!"

"What did you just call me?!" Angrily shouted Grim.

"And you're both so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not a one of them!" Ace insulted them. "Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten? Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Grrrrr..." Seeing Grim's growing irritation, (Y/n) tried to de-escalate the situation by standing between the two.

"Okay, let's all just calm–"

"Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit," Ace cut off (Y/n). "And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast!"

(Y/n) was starting to dislike this kid. If he crossed a line, well, maybe Crowley won't mind missing one student.

"Unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" Ace turned and began to walked off with a condescending wave.

"Myuh-uh! You ain't walkin' away from me! It's too late for that!" Before (Y/n) could react, Grim ran between their legs and sent a blast of fire at the boy's back. "Myaaaaah!"

"Whoa! What the hell?!" Ace just barely dodged the blast.

"No one makes fun of Grim, Master of Fire! I'm gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!"

"Explodey-head?! You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts,"  Ace said as he pulled a pen, with a bright red jewel on the end, from his pocket. "You wanna talk hair, huh? I'm gonna shave you like a toy poodle!"

"Myaaaaah!" Sending another blast of fire at Ace, the boy was quick enough to counter with a wind spell.

"Oh-ho! How do you like that?"

"H-Hey! His magic winds are blowin' my fireballs off course! No fair!"

Hearing the commotion, nearby students began to circle around them.

"What's going on over there? A fight?!"

"Oh, sweet! Get 'em!"

Seeing the situation increasingly getting out of hand, (Y/n) tried to intervene.

"Let's all take this down a notch!" (Y/n) attempted to get them to stop. The surrounding students tried to get closer but were stopped by a furious glare from the gluttonous demon.

"Awww... Can't hit me with you little fireballs?" Ace baby-talked the fiery monster.

"Grrr... You better believe I'm about to!"

~

"Okay, you're going down."

"Myah, try me!"

As the battle went on, (Y/n) spent most of the time running about, intercepting stay spells and protecting the cheering students. Due to this, they were unable to stop the fight.

"Take that!" Grim gave a strong blast of fire.

"Pfft. All it takes is a little gust to—Hah!" Ace countered with an equally strong wind spell.

Finally fed up with the fight, (Y/n) put themself inbetween both spells. With both arms extended, the gluttonous demon took the brunt of the offending attacks on the palms of their hands. The flames and blades of wind scorched and tore the sleeves of their jacket.

"Enough!"

The sheer volume and power of their voice caused every one in the vicinity to cower from the force and anger from the Avatar of Gluttony.

"M-myah?! ...(Y-y/n)?"

"Oh crap..."

(Y/n) glared at both Ace and Grim. Before turning their head to the other students.

"Leave."

All of them ran off as fast as they could. And there, revealed from the sea of departing students, was a fuming Crowley.

"What is going on here?"

"Oh no! The headmage!"

"Not more lashings of love! We gotta get outta here!"

Without thinking, (Y/n) yanked the two runners back by the scruff. They hissed from pain in their hands. Both tried struggling to get away but even with injured hands, (Y/n) had a vice grip.

Taking the opportunity, Crowley wrapped the two up in his whip.

"OW!"

"Myaaaaah! And I'm still sore from yesterday, too!"

"As if the likes of you could ever flee from me! Haaah... Did I not just warn you, 'no more incidents'?" Crowley scolded. "And now you've injured (Y/n)?! It's almost as though you WANT to be expelled!"

"No! Forgive me!" Ace cried out.

"Ow..." (Y/n) was staring at their burnt and cut up hands and arms. There was a stinging pain running through their arms.

"And you, (Y/n). You were specifically told to keep Grim under control!"

"Sorry, I tried to stop him, but..."

"Yes, yes you were protecting the other students but now you've been injured! This will not do," Crowley tutted then turned to Ace. "And you! State your name and grade."

"Ace Trappola... Freshman."

"Then listen well, Trappola. You too, Grim and (Y/n). As punishment for today's infractions, you are hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows! And (Y/n), you WILL supervise them properly this time!"

"Myah?! That's what you get for makin' fun of me! This is all your fault!" Grim scorned.

"Whaaat? I have to do it too?!" Ace complained.

"Of course you do. You will meet in the cafeteria after class. Are we clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Ugh, I just can't catch a break!"

~

Ace had been sent off to class while Crowley led (Y/n) and Grim to his office. To keep the gluttonous demon quiet, Crowley had given them a plate of brownies.

Crowley was scolding them as he treated and bandaged their arms. Grim would feed a brownie to them when needed. By the time Crowley was finished, (Y/n) had bandages wrapped from the tips of their fingers to their elbows.

"Now, I want you to keep those bandages dry, so stick to dusting and sweeping for today. You can get the weasel to do the hard stuff."

"Mya-what?! Hey!"

"Promise me, you'll try to stay out of trouble?"

"I'll try."

Crowley gave an exasperated sigh before ruffling (Y/n)'s hair.

"Mmm. It tickles."

"Run along, now."

Crowley waved them off and sent them on their way. As he watched the two leave, he began to think.

'Why did their blood have flecks of gold..?'