Chapter 2

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments?" A red haired boy asked before continuing. "All right, new students—let me be clear. At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!"

There was an uncomfortable silence for a moment before it was broken by a loud yawn from a boy with lion ears.

"Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm," The lion boy sounded annoyed. "If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement," A boy with glasses said proudly. "As dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

A handsome boy spoke up with a question.

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..."

"Some headmage he is," Said a voice from a floating blue tablet. A red eyed boy asked innocently. "Maybe he had a tummy ache?"

Before anyone else could say anything, the resident birdman burst into the room dragging a flaming weasel with him. Following close behind was a 6'8 hooded giant.

"I most certainly did not!"

"Ah, speak of the devil," The red haired boy sounded unimpressed. Crowley began to prattle on.

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show for orientation," He turned to the demon. "You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."

Both Grim and (Y/n) growled at the masked man. One in anger, one of annoyance.

"Grrrrr!"

"Ugh. Not my weasel.."

Stepping close to the green glowing mirror, (Y/n) began to feel uneasy.

The mask that appeared in the mirror reminded (Y/n) of the tragedy theatre mask they saw in an opera house with Lucifer in the human world.

"State your name."

"I'm (Y/n)."

"..."

The mirror's silence caused murmurs to echo in the room. The stares made the demon uncomfortable but they tried to brush them off.

"...Beelzebub '(Y/n)' Morningstar.."

Crowley felt a vague familiarity to the name Morningstar, but couldn't place it. 'How curious..'

As the Dark Mirror spoke the murmurs stopped.

"(Y/n)... The nature of your soul is..."

......
......

"... unclear to me."

That statement seemed to make Crowley choke. "What did you just say?"

"I sense an unfamiliar power from this one. Maybe not magic but their soul... Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate."

The surrounding people began to whisper amongst themselves. Crowley asked the mirror in disbelief.

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic? But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this have happened?"

"Mmmph! Nnnrgggh..." With a gasp Grim finally escaped Crowleys binds holding him, shouting into the room. "ME! Let ME have this student's seat!"

"Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!"

"Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me be a student here! Look, I'll show you! My spells're the cats meow!"

The red haired boy, predicting the incoming danger, called out. "Everyone, get down!"

"Myaaahhh!" Grim let out a huge burst of blue fire.

"AHHHHH! HELP! I'm on fire over here!"

"Someone catch that blasted animal before it sets the entire school ablaze!" Crowley shouted in anger. The lion eared boy sighed tiredly.

"Ugh. Can I go now, or...?"

"Oh? I thought you fancied yourself a hunter," The handsome boy asked in amusement. "Go and help yourself to that plump little morsel!"

"Too much effort. Do it yourself."

"Allow me to handle this, Headmage Crowley," The boy with glasses said. "If none of you are up to the task of catching a small animal, I will accept the responsibility."

"WTG Azul. Rackin' up those participation credits." The floating tablet said to the boy with glasses.

"Hey, um, my butt's still on fire... Could someone maybe put this out?!" The red eyed boy pleaded.

Tuning out everything else around them, (Y/n) rushed over to the boy currently on fire. Without any hesitation (Y/n) tore the burning robes from the boy, the fabric tearing with ease from the sheer strength of the gluttonous demon.

Dropping the flaming robes, (Y/n) stomped out the flames. Looking at the shocked, slightly frightened, boy, (Y/n) pulled off their own robe and gently wrapped it around the shorter boy, the larger clothing almost swallowing him.

"Sorry if I was too rough..."

The boy shook his head and gave a closed-eyed grin, that smile paired with the white hair and tan skin reminded (Y/n) of their second oldest brother, Mammon.

"Don't worry! It's all good and thanks for putting the fire out!" He gave a friendly laugh before sticking his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Kalim, nice to meet you!"

(Y/n) accepted the hand with a small smile and a simple reply.

"(Y/n), you can call me Beel."

Kalim smiled even brighter. A voice broke through the air, catching the attention of both Kalim and (Y/n).

"Furry miscreant. I will abide no rule-breaking. You will be judged by my hand."

Seeing the flaming weasel charge another blast, (Y/n) ran to intercept the fire before it could hit Azul and the red haired boy. After quickly patting out the flames on their sleeve, (Y/n) shot a hand out and grabbed Grim by his throat causing him to struggle.

"Myaahh! Lemme go!" The air in the room was heavy and many found it hard to breathe.

"No, now you will calm down... Unless you want to be eaten by me?"