Febuwhump Day Twenty: Truth Serum

Author's Note: This was a request by CaseyAnneWoods on Wattpad. :)

~ Amina Gila

In an universe where the Empire recaptures Omega and successfully takes her back to Kamino, after her brothers finally rescue her, they deal with the fallout.

Omega never liked it on Kamino. She never liked being so alone. She might have been Nala Se's lab assistant, but that doesn't mean she was any less of an experiment than her brothers were. She knew she was made for something, too, but she never knew what. It never really mattered, until the Empire took her back to Kamino.

She thought the minute she'd get back to her brothers, everything would somehow feel fine again.

It doesn't.

Her head is still swimming, and her heart is still pounding from one of the things they injected her with. She doesn't know what it was, but her head feels all fuzzy and wrong.

She misses her brothers.

Wrecker scoops her into a hug the moment they're safe. Even his touch feels weird, like she's oddly disconnected.

Omega shivers.

"Are you okay?" Hunter asks her, appearing at Wrecker's side and touching her shoulder.

It feels silly to cry. She is, anyway.

"Not really," Omega says, because that's the truth. She turns towards Hunter, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face in his shoulder. Hunter's grip on her is a little awkward from his vambraces pressed into her sides and back, but she doesn't care. He's here, and that's all that matters.

"Are you hurt?" Hunter asks, holding her tightly.

She nods against his shoulder. She still feels awful from whatever they did to her, even if they didn't physically hurt her. She was almost afraid they would, but they were more interested in her than trying to find her brothers. And she doesn't really understand why. She's not... anyone. Anything useful to them, except as a medical assistant, and anyone can have that role.

"What'd they do to you?" Wrecker demands, hovering next to her. She's glad he's still close, and she doesn't want to let go of Hunter, either. She was so afraid that she'd never see them again. She's still afraid that they're going to disappear. It would help if her mind would let her focus better on the fact that she's not alone anymore, but everything still feels fuzzy. The tangible reminder of someone touching her helps and takes an edge off the fear that she's going to lose them again and be trapped back on Kamino.

"They injected me with some things," Omega replies, "I feel... strange."

"Strange how?" Hunter asks, lightly setting her back on the floor. She clings to his arm, anyway, not wanting to let go.

"Dizzy. Everything feels... hazy," she explains. Maybe it'll go away if she rests but she doesn't want to be away from them right now. "Why is this happening? What do the Kaminoans want with me?"

Hunter's quiet – it's Echo who speaks first. "Hunter, you have to tell her."

Tell her what? Her gaze darts between them, desperately. It doesn't feel like her heart is ever going to stop pounding, both from fear and whatever in the galaxy they did to her.

She looks back to Hunter, expectantly.

He sighs, quietly. "You're valuable to them. More than all the other clones. Even more than us. You're... different,"