The Job

After driving quickly back home Dom and Brian exited their vehicles and the smell of homemade barbecue went through both of their nostrils. Brian exchanged a glance at Dom, Brian had watched as Dom had walked, Dom noticed. Brian didn't know he noticed. As they got closer to the table everyone looked at Dom, but mostly the person who was beside Dom, Brian.

Tej quickly dabbed Brian up, "Nice to have you back here with us, Brian." Brian chuckles, "It's good to be back." Roman then quickly hit Brian's shoulder. "I missed you man, don't ever leave me with these crazy people." Tej looked at him crazy. "You know you love us crazy people."

Rome rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever man." Dom looked at Brian for a moment before talking. "Hey Brian, you want to say grace?" Brian chuckles, "Nah, maybe next time." Dom nodded. "What about you, Han?" Han was eating his bag of chips. "Sure, I can say grace." Dom nodded as everyone got ready.

The family sat down with their plates hot and on the table. "Amen." Everyone said as they begin to dig into their food. "It's great to have you back, Brian." Dom said looking to the left of him as Letty sat on his lap. "It's great to be back, back to my family." Brian said smiling brightly. "You'll always have us as your family Brian." Brian nods as he fist bumps with Dom.

Letty: "So Brian, what you been up to?" Everyone was intrigued to know what his answer is going to be. Brian looks at Letty. "Been racing for money, been trying to survive." Everyone nodded knowing the feeling. "Have you been to Tokyo? I was thinking about going, but I don't know much about it." Han asked. Brian smiles at Han, "No, I haven't. I've haven't heard anything either." Han nodded.

Dom: "I've been to Tokyo, it's great. You should definitely go Han." Han nodded, "Thanks Dom." Brian takes a sip of his beer. "Actually, I was still in Los Angeles." The team looked at Brian. "How haven't we heard anything about you then?" Rome asked. "Let's just say I didn't want to be found." Brian replied, and everyone understood. Mostly Dom. Dom then pulls out a file with information on it. "There's a job coming up. We have to go our separate ways to get these cars." Everyone listened to Dom while they ate.

Dom: "Someone let Ramsey know." Tej texted Ramsey, she would've been there if she didn't have a family thing to attend to. "I texted her." Tej said. "Thanks Tej." Tej smiles, "No problem, Dom." Rome looks at Tej, "How did you get her number? She didn't give me her number." Tej laughed, "That's a clear sign she doesn't like you." Rome scoffs. "Whatever, man. There's many fish in the sea." Tej replied, "Maybe, but not for you." Everyone laughed as they raised at toast. "To Brian." Dom said.

"To Brian." Everyone said as their drinks clinked together. "Brian, you're with me, Letty and Mia you're with each other, Tej and Roman, and Han with Ramsey once she makes it. Everyone nods as they listen in on the plan to work out the job.

Dom: "Rome and Tej will steal the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk and Koenigsegg CCXR." Tej and Roman laughed as they dabbed each other up. Dom looks at his map as he circles something. "Letty, you and Mia will steal the 1997 Nissan 240SX and the 1994 Acura Integra GS-R." The girls exchanged a look at one another as they nod.

Brian: "I like this idea, but why are we stealing these cars?" Dom chuckles at his question as he continues, "We're stealing from them because it's fun, and I hear word on the street that they changed the engine to make it faster and better, more modified." Dom said as he looked at Brian.

Dom: "Alright everyone, get some rest. We got a long day tomorrow." The team nods as they started to get in their cars and head home. Dom and Brian were cleaning off the table together until Dom spoke up.

"You got somewhere to stay, O'Connor?" Brian looked at Dom as he threw a plate away. "Yeah, there's a motel not too far from here." Dom nodded. "I'm happy you're back home, back to your family Brian." All Brian does is smile in that moment. "I didn't think you'd missed me that much, Toretto."