CH-15 The Truth Pt.2

3rd Person's POV:

~~~~~~ 6 Years Ago ~~~~~~

Hyunjin was stressed and was not functioning properly. He would occasionally zone out and would start to think how he's going to face others and Iseul after all this. He saw Seungmin sitting beside him, who noticed the look of distress on his face. "What happened, Hyunjin?" He asked him and Hyunjin looked away, "Nothing." "It's not nothing, Hyunjin. Me and Jisung have noticed how you would be out of your mind since the past couple of days. Something is wrong. I'm your friend, please tell me about it."

Hyunjin gulped and broke down. Seungmin was shocked to see his friend crying and he hugged him. He dragged Hyunjin to his bedroom, without alerting others, who were enjoying Eunji's birthday party. "Tell me, what's wrong?" He softly asked. "What happened to Hyunjin?" Both heard Jisung's voice and saw him entering the room, with a concerned expression. "Hyunjin, you're alright?" He put his hand on Hyunjin's shoulder.

"No, I'm far from being alright." Hyunjin croaked out. "Tell us, Hyunjin. We will try to help you." Jisung spoke. Hyunjin wiped his tears and said, "If you want to help me, then send Iseul here and go away." He let out a deep breath. Jisung and Seungmin looked at each other and nodded, they walked out, leaving Hyunjin alone. After a few minutes, Hyunjin heard the door being opened and heard a small and soft, "Hyunjin?" He turned around with the most serious expression he can muster.

"Oh, you're here?" He asked monotonously and Iseul nodded, looking around the room. "Seungmin asked me to come and meet you here. Anything's wrong?" She asked and walked toward him but was stopped by Hyunjin. "Stay where you are and don't come near me." Iseul gulped and stood where she was. "What happened? Is everything okay? You're being-" "SHUT UP!" Iseul flinched at the sudden loud voice. Although she was familiar with sudden outburst of her father, but it was the first time, she saw Hyunjin raising his voice on her. She felt a sting but chose to ignore it.

Hyunjin pinched the bridge of his nose. "Can you please stop showing this fake concern?" He looked at her while frowning. "Fake? I care about you, Hyunjin-" "Did I told you to talk?" He interrupted her rudely. "Sorry." She looked down and the back to Hyunjin. "You're so pathetic, Iseul. Do you know that?" He took a step closer, and Iseul felt a lump forming in her throat. "You don't even have any idea how ashamed I feel by saying that we're friends." He tched and looked at her up and down, "So plain."

Iseul gulped and furrowed her eyebrows, "What's making you say that Hyunjin? From where this is coming from?" She asked softly with tears in her eyes and Hyunjin felt yeeting himself out from Seungmin's twelfth floor balcony because of hurting the small and precious girl. "Just had a realization." He stepped closer to her. "You were never interesting to begin with. Not even good with looks, only thing know is either studying, or annoying me. I never even know why did I even made you, my friend? Tell me, why did I? Oh wait! Prince Hwang just showed mercy to a pathetic and non-interesting creature." He mocked.

"What are you saying, Hyunjin? This is not you." Iseul said, now almost crying. "I'm just saying the truth, Iseul." "Why now, then?" "Because I want to stop." "Stop what?" "I want to stop being your friend. You don't deserve mine, but your own company and someone who suits you better. You don't even have any idea how much damage you have cause to my image. I am being compared with you. Seriously? You?" Hyunjin mocked her and then shot her the most dirtiest look. "Stop being my friend and stay away from me."

Hyunjin walked away, leaving the girl behind, toward the door. Iseul turned to him. "Are you sure, Hyunjin?" She asked with sobs. Hyunjin felt tears welling his own eyes, "One hundred percent." He said without even turning to her. "Maybe you're right. I never deserved your company. I'm sorry Hyunjin for ruining you image." Iseul broke down and ran away from the room without even glancing at Hyunjin.