CH-18: The Feels?

3rd Person POV:

Hyunjin bounced his way to Iseul, when he spotted the girl enter the basketball court. "Iseul-ah!" He enthusiastically said and approached her. "How are you?" He asked with concern and held her shoulders, turning her left and right. "I'm perfectly fine, Hyunjinnie." Hyunjin felt heat rush to his cheeks when she called him that.

"That's great, but what are you doing here?" He asked her and she looked behind him, "I'm here to join the basketball team." She told him. "Wow! That's good! The female team is actually short for one player. You can join them!" He grabbed her hand and dragged her to their coach, who was surrounded by the students. "Coach!" Hyunjin called him and the coach smiled and nodded at him.

"You said you need one more female player for the team. Here, I found one." Hyunjin again enthusiastically presented Iseul, like she was Simba. Iseul felt the coach's eyes looking at her with kindness, waiting for her to introduce herself, so she bowed and introduced herself. "Hello sir, I'm Lee Iseul and it's my first year." The coach nodded. "Hello Iseul, I'm Na Inwoo, and I'm the lead coach for the basketball teams, both boys and girls. Here meet Ms. Lang Kyungmi, she is the assistant coach for both the teams as well." Iseul bowed to the female, who nodded back at her.

"Boys and Girls! Come here, we have a new member for the freshmen team!" The other members and students scurried their way to them and looked at Iseul. Many were kind of shocked when they saw her, and some new people started to admire her. "Hello everyone! I'm Lee Iseul." She gave them a small smile, which looked adorable in many eyes. "So, Iseul, have you ever played basketball before?" Ms. Lang asked her curiously. "Umm, yes. I have experience in this game." She replied back sheepishly, trying to control herself from blabbering about her sports achievements.

"Huh, and you think that by some experience, you can become a part of us?" Iseul heard a new female voice and looked at her. There she saw, the one and only- Jung Sumin. Sumin recognized Iseul and smirked. Iseul looked back at Hyunjin, who looked at her and blinked. She looked back at Sumin. "We all here have an experience of about 3 years in basketball in Seoul National High School. What do you have? What actually made you think that playing this game in the public parks as just a side player will make you become a part of this amazing team." Sumin's statement made some students snicker.

Iseul felt blood rushing to her head. She never fought, not even tried back then. But now when she has nothing to fear, why would she back now. "What is your role?" Iseul asked. "Wow, you're asking for role? Well, I'm the center. My work is to defend, not side playing." This made some of the students laugh. Sumin smirked and gave Iseul a smile, but what she didn't expected was Iseul giving her a sweet smile back. "I was the team captain, and my role was to point guard, which means planning out the team strategy, scoring and defending both." This made all of them quiet down.

Hyunjin looked at her with big eyes. "You were the team captain?" Iseul glanced at him and then looked back at the coach, who was smiling in amusement, "I was the team captain back in my previous school." The coach nodded, "Which school did you went to?" "Mulchong High." Mr. Na's eyes widened after hearing the school's name. "Oh, wait! I think I've heard about you!" He scratched his chin and then immediately recognized her. "The captain from the third year has told me about you! Her name is Moon Byeol. You remember her, right?" He excitedly asked her, and she nodded sharing the same excitement.

"Of course! She was the one who helped me a lot back when I was struggling and new to this game. But Byeol Unnie helped me and trained me herself." The other students were in awe. "Your surname sounds familiar too, are you by chance Lee Minho's sister?" Mr. Na asked, and she nodded with a smile. Now, not only the boys, but the girls looked at her in amusement. Byeol and Minho both were a celebrity here by themselves and now there was no doubt that Iseul will become someone famous between the seniors and other students here as well.

"That's great! Well, Today was the first day of our club and now we have enough members, so from tomorrow onwards, the real practice and training will begin. Don't forget, the seniors will be here as well with you guys!" Mr. Na excitedly stated and then dismissed all of them. Some of the students scurried towards Iseul.

"Hello Iseul! I didn't know you were from Mulchong High." A girl smiled at her. Another boy put an arm around her shoulder. "If you are Minho Hyung's sister then you are also from a rich family. You were a grade D student, right?" The boy asked with anticipation. "No, she was a grade A student right from the start." Hyunjin interrupted and not so gently removed the guy's arm from her shoulder and put his own there.

"Oh, I thought you guys were dating. But you must know Hyunjinnie, as he is literally friends with both of your brothers. You both must treat each other with a sibling like energy." Another girl interrupted while fake giggling and eyeing Hyunjin's arm on her shoulder. "No, not at all. We don't have any sort of 'sibling relationship'. We are friends. But I won't say just friends, maybe more than that." Hyunjin smirked and stated with a tilt of his head, looking at Iseul, who scowled. "What do you mean?" She asked him. "You know, guys. The Feels~" He sang and some of the shippers that were in front of them squealed.

"Wait, I'm not getting anything-" "Let's see you guys tomorrow! We have a coffee date~" He again sang, and the crowd squealed again. He ignored the look that was thrown to him by Siwoo and Sumin, who were eying furiously the both of them, with Iseul's questions and dragged the girl outside.

"What the heck, Hyunjin? When do we have a date?" Iseul asked when they were out of the court and were walking towards the gate. Hyunjin leaned closer, "don't you want free coffee? It's on me though." He asked and she nodded. "Now we have a date." He chuckled and continued walking with her.

They walked inside the cafe and instantly were greeted by the smell of the fresh coffee that was brewed. "What would you like?" He asked. "A caramel Frappuccino would do." He nodded and ordered their drinks. The pair sat down at one of the tables, waiting for their orders.

"So, you didn't tell me that you were going to join the basketball club?" He asked her and she shrugged. "I never intended to, as dad didn't give me permission to. It was Minho Oppa who told me to join if I want to and also that he will handle him." She shrugged and was diverted from Hyunjin when she heard the ding of her phone. She looked at the notification and smiled when she saw who messaged her. "Just a minute." She excused herself with a smile and went outside to answer the person who called her.

Hyunjin eyed her figure that stood outside the cafe and was talking to the person who called her. Much to his dislike, who was laughing too much and also seemed a bit shy. His eyebrows furrowed thinking to who might have called her, but shrugged the thought immediately when she came back inside and sat in front of him.

"Sorry that I left you." She smiled at him. "It's okay, but who was that?" Hyunjin asked, trying not to be too much invading. "Oh." Iseul looked around nervously, which kind of took Hyunjin off guard. Generally, the girl made everyone around her nervous, but why did she suddenly become all shy and nervous. This made his heart a bit nervous, and he gulped. "See, I trust you, but don't tell anyone about this, right now." She leaned dangerously closer to Hyunjin, who already was leaning on the table, looking at her with his cheeks on fire and heart beating in a rapid speed. But it all died down when he heard the girl's next words.

"I have a boyfriend."

******************************************

HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE!

I am here to announce another book of mine which I have already published!
Some chapters are out already, GO AND CHECK IT OUT!

I am here to announce another book of mine which I have already published!Some chapters are out already, GO AND CHECK IT OUT!

-Hyunjin's Lost Tooth