24 - The Stranger In Disguise

recap : after vanraj purposely banishes anu so that she can live her life in peace, anupamaa's flight crashes. vanraj travels across borders illegally to reach her because he refuses to believe she is dead, aided by an unknown man called madhav. he finally reaches her, and they have an emotional reunion.

Vanraj lay awake on the floor.
Anupamaa had brought him to the house she had been living. The people were kind. Although poor, they let him stay in their small house.
His gaze fixed on the ceiling.

He felt Anupamaa wrap her arms tightly around him, resting her head on his chest, hearing his heart pace.
He pulled her close, drawing in the warmth and comfort her touch gave him.

He was miles away from home.
He had crossed borders, gotten shot on an arm, was in terrible pain - but he was here.
His Baa would never have approved this behaviour, his Dadaji would definitely banish him from ever stepping into the Shah House yet, he wanted to be beside Anupamaa.

As if, that was more than enough for survival.

And she loved him.

He softly kissed the top of her head as she stirred a little in her sleep.

"You will never leave me na..", She mumbled in her sleep.
He gently carassed her back, a little smile appearing on his lips.
"Never.", He whispered back.

They would have to leave for home the next morning.
But how?

Anupamaa woke up, wrapped in his embrace.
She looked up at him.
He was sleeping peacefully. She edged up at little and kissed his chin.

"Let me sleep..", He mumbled.
She smiled to herself as she dragged herself up, hovering over him and kissed him again, on his forehead.
For moments the lines of annoyance appeared on his face.
"Wake up..", She whispered as she kissed his cheek, "Otherwise I will keep kissing you."

She suddenly felt his arm tighten around her and she fell right on top of him, lips only inches apart from his.
He opened his eyes, with a smile.
"If it is so, then I refuse to ever wake up—"
"Ssh! Don't say such things!", She snapped.
"Why?"
"I cannot live without you.", She mumbled, blushing deeply.

She couldn't believe she was in the arms of the man she had fallen for at first sight, and he loved her.

He smiled.

"But I want to get kissed, Anu.", He whispered, huskily.
"This is not new for you.. you had a girlfriend..", She said.
"I have never been so madly in love with anyone else.", He said, with honesty.

She looked into his hazel brown eyes.
And they were her whole universe.
She held his face and softly kissed his jawline. She heard him inhale deeply, enjoying the touch of her lips.

He glanced at the bed where the elderly couple was still asleep.
"They are good people, aren't they?", He asked
"They are. They treated me like their own.", She whispered, still on top of him.

He glanced back at Anu. She was out of focus.
He immediately turned her over, holding her carefully so that she doesn't get hurt.
Her hands remained around his neck, as he hovered over her now.