CHAPTER 5

Tara grabbed Johnnie by the arm and dragged him into another room away from Jake. "What?" Johnnie asked snatching his arm back from the short girl. "I don't know if you're aware but our little blond friend isn't home yet." Johnnie nodded, "Yes I know, I was talking to Jake about it." Tara rolled her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. "Yeah idiot thats the problem, Jake doesn't like to accept reality. All he's gonna say is "He's prolly gonna be back soon." Or "He probably came back late and left early." What did he say to you?" Johnnie thought for a second, "He just told me Sam would be back."
"See! He's just gonna deny dent deny." Johnnie nodded then walked over to the door, "But he's our friend and should be included in these conversations." Johnnie left, leaving Tara on her own in the small room.

...

He put the truck in park the turned it off and looked over at Sam, who had woken up ten minutes earlier. "You're gonna walk into the house, you're not gonna run. If you try to run i will catch you. This isn't a game." Sam nodded. The doors unlocked and both of the men stepped out of the truck and walked down a dirt road. It was awfully dark out and the chill from the night before had gone. It was hot and humid, the sea air filled the surrounding area causing Sam to easily break a sweat. "Go ahead, ask me." The man said from the shadows. Sam looked over at him perplexed, he wiped his forehead and continued walking silently. "I know what you're thinking, might as well just ask me." Sam kept his head down and walked further ahead, before he knew it the man was in front of him, grabbing his shoulders. His eyes had gone dark and his face pale. " 'What does he want from me?' 'What's his name?' 'Why me?' Go on ask me!" His face had a harsh expression, one Sam knew all too well. One Sam had been face to face with many times in the past. One Sam had forgotten about, until now. "Whats your name?" The man let go of Sam's shoulder and backed up, "Good." A sigh of relief followed the mans words. "Colby, my names Colby."

——————
Yall im so excited bc the story's actually gonna start picking up soon!!!

Also pls dont mind any errors English isn't my first language and im sleep deprived 90% of the time