4 | BABY BOY

Riley,

Riley,

I know you were counting on Jay sending you a letter. And I'm sorry that I'm the one sending it to you instead - I tried to respect your wishes of not wanting me around, but I think you'd like to read this.

I've seen how many letters you've sent Jay in the past months and I know you haven't gotten any responses. I thought our superiors would take care of notifying you - but I don't think they did. Jay and I were sent on a mission a couple of months back. I came back a couple of weeks ago, but Jay's still over there. As far as I'm aware, he's okay - so don't you worry about that too much. He asked me to tell you that he loves you and that he can't wait to see you again.

His part of the mission was unfinished and so he had to stay back while I came back to the base. I wish it was him instead of me, Riley, I really do. I'm sorry that I'm the one writing to you instead, but I swear that you'll be the first to hear as soon as he gets back. All I want is for you two to be together, because if I have to sit through one more night of Jay babbling over and over about you - I don't know what I'm going to do. That man is so damn in love with you and I really hope you never doubt that.

Sincerely,

Mouse.

That letter was sent two weeks ago and as Riley paced around her hospital room, nursing herself through every contractions that hit her, it was the only thing helping her hang on. Jay had been gone for 9 months and she had no news of him for 6 months - until Mouse sent her that letter. She now knew that as of a month ago, he was still alive and well. She held onto that thought as she breathed through another contraction.

Will promised to take care of Aurora with Natalie while she was in the hospital, so at least she knew her daughter was safe. Truth was, she was worried for her son. In a couple of hours, he would be born and she still hadn't chosen a name plus she wasn't sure he'd ever know his father. She chose not to think about it anymore, concentrating on the sharp pain she felt.

Hailey rushed into the room, holding way too many bags all at once. It made Riley laugh to which Hailey simply rolled her eyes. "If you weren't giving birth, I'd make your ass walk over here and help me."

"Too bad for you." Riley breathed out, leaning over her bed as another contraction came on. "Did you tell everyone to go home?"

The whole team had been waiting outside in the waiting room, insisting on being there for Riley. Truth was, they all thought Jay would be back by now and they were broken hearted that he wasn't - so they took it upon themselves to support their friends.

"I did." Hailey trailed off, dropping the bags next to her bed. "None of them listened though." Riley groaned, both out of discomfort and being annoyed that they never went home.

"They know they could be here for hours?"

"They do." Hailey assured her, simply nodding as she took a seat on the couch in the corner of the room. Riley let out another groan, continuing her pacing around. "I think baby boy's going to get here any second."