12 | ONE PLUS ONE

Riley hummed, binoculars stuck to her face as she looked through them

Riley hummed, binoculars stuck to her face as she looked through them. "Nothing much is happening here today." She stated, bringing them away for a few seconds.

Jay nodded in agreement, leaning forward in his seat with his arm resting on the steering wheel. "You think they made us?"

She brought the binoculars back up, staring out the window again. "Well if they did, we've just wasted a few couple of days." Jay chuckled, taking a glance at her.

His wife was wearing a black cap with her hair down, which wasn't a usual fit for her. From the second they got into the car his eyes had been stuck on her, finding her more beautiful than ever. His therapy session from the week before had gotten him thinking about how lucky he was to have her by his side. Jay was well aware that it's not everyone that would've stuck by him through his PTSD and all.

"I wouldn't call it a wasted day when it's spent with you." Jay flirted, a light smirk on his lips as he turned his head towards her.

She playfully rolled her eyes, looking away from the binoculars. "You flirt." Riley sent him a smile before she spoke again. "It feels good to see you in such a good mood again."

"Feels good, too." Jay stated, "Therapy has been a huge help."

Riley hummed, humour all over her face as she responded. "No way! Who would've thought."

"All right, all right, lay off me." Jay waved her off playfully. She laughed along with him, concentrating back on the task at hand. "I wanted to talk with you about something."

His voice didn't let it on, but Riley could tell he wasn't sure how to approach whatever he wanted to say. She stayed open minded, figuring that whatever it was it couldn't be so bad. The detective waited for her husband to settle his thoughts and speak up whenever he felt ready to.

"Last week, the therapist suggested you come with me to therapy this week. Could help us work through unresolved things, give us ideas on how to get better as individuals and as a couple." Jay told her, and she felt like his hesitation probably came from him being unsure of her reaction. Riley knew therapy was a lot for him so asking her to came along was probably hard too.

She shoot him a glance and a small smile, "Of course I'll go, baby." And she truly meant it. All she wanted was for them to get better as a couple and for him to get along with his own mind again. If the way to get there was to go to therapy together or even to get couple counseling - Riley was in.

They stayed in the car for a while, observing the same damn house they'd been parked near all day. Riley was growing tired of it, as nothing had happened all day. The detective put down the stupid binoculars, leaning over the console to face her husband. He glanced down at her with a smirk on his face, knowing she was up to no good.

"You know, I don't think I've told you enough times lately how handsome you are..." She trailed off, placing her hand on her thigh while slowly tracing the tip of her fingers up his leg. He shuddered lightly, smirking at her once he came to it.