17 | LATE OR EARLY

Riley rushed around the house, trying to get everyone ready for the day

Riley rushed around the house, trying to get everyone ready for the day. Thing was, Jay kept her in bed for a while longer than she was supposed to and Nate had woken up late because his alarm didn't wake him up. So they were all running late and struggling to make up for lost time.

Jay took care of getting Aurora ready for the day while Riley packed the lunches and made sure Nate ate breakfast after washing up. Riley started off running around like a mad woman, panicking as if they would never make it. Then she turned around and saw how calm Jay was, just getting things done without panicking or anything - which instantly calmed her. She followed his lead, figuring that they'd be ready sometime soon anyway.

And turns out they arrived only a few minutes late on time at work, but the kids got to school and daycare right on time. They put away their things in the locker room before they would head upstairs. As Riley closed her locked, hands were placed on her hips and her body was pushed back into the lockers. She smiled widely when her eyes found Jay's, whose body rested flush against hers right away. Riley breathed deeply in and out, her chest colliding with his with every breath.

"Have I told you yet how beautiful you look?" Jay whispered, his head leaning down to press a kiss to the tip of her nose before going down some more to hover over her lips.

"Mmh, I don't think so." She whispered, purposely letting her fingers run up and down his neck. "But then again, I think this morning spoke for itself."

He chuckled lightly, nodding his head as he shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose." Jay finally pressed his lips against hers, giving her a few seconds before he started moving his lips. She moved right along with him, not wasting another second. Jay felt the cold metal of her wedding ring pressing against his skin. It sent a shiver down his back, one that Riley felt immediately especially when he tightened his grip on her hips. She smirked against his lips, purposely pressing herself further into him.

Riley slightly pulled back, only enough to whisper. "We should get upstairs." Jay audibly groaned at her words, throwing his head back. She chuckled, patting his chest which made him step back. Riley leaned up to kiss his cheek, winking at him while she walked away. "I'll give you a second."

He mumbled words under his breath as he watched her walk away from him graciously. Riley confidently headed out of the room and into the bullpen, where she found Hailey in the break room.

"Morning, Hails." She greeted, grabbing herself a cup of coffee. Hailey poured some in her cup, greeting her back.

"I haven't had the chance to ask you yet, how are things with Nate?" Hailey asked her, leaning back against the counter as she looked at her friend. Riley stood besides her, taking a sip of her coffee.

She swallowed, looking ahead of her as she answered. "It's going good, better than I thought. He told us he felt uneasy about us working such dangerous jobs, so I'm glad he's starting to open up."