𝟎𝟕

With time to finally spare and her close friends all bunched together tightly at the outdoor lunch table, y/n begins to explain her encounter with Scaramouche to Childe, Kokomi, Gorou and Heizou.

A look of pity crosses Gorou's face and the h/c girl is quick to catch on to it. She knows the thoughts behind his expression, and those same thoughts linger in her mind too. Would Scaramouche stick to his words and make y/n a laughing stock?

"Ugh, I need advice on what to do...I still wanna talk to him! But, maybe a little more sensibly now...?" She asks sheepishly and looks around the table at her trusty advisors.

Heizou begins with a sigh "honestly I don't get what you see in him, BUT for you...I'll tell you that you should probably start off again with him." He begins to explain calmly, but is cut off by Gorou.

"My advice would be to stop talking to him completely! At least then you won't risk him embarrassing you!" He blurts out suddenly, a worried look on his face for one of his closes friends.

The entire group gives their opinions, but for some reason they are not what y/n wants to hear. They all sound pessimistic and she tries to blend the loud voices into the sound of the sparrows chirping in their trees and the other students talking.

"You guys give such shit advice, y/n you should continue to talking to Scaramouche. But, this time try to be his friend first instead of rushing." The helpful advice that leaves Childes mouth is very surprising and strangely comforting, something that none of the group would have expected.

"Thanks Childe I- HE'S TEXTING ME."

Scaramouche 🤤Ur friends with all the annoying people How fitting

Scaramouche 🤤
Ur friends with all the annoying people
How fitting

Y/n
Yeah and ur friend w dottore
That explains why ur such an evil
moody dog

Scaramouche 🤤
Don't ever say I'm friends with that
animal again
I don't claim him

Y/n
He probably poisons you
I wonder if he can make a love potion
or whatever
He is a scientist I mean

Scaramouche 🤤
This isn't Harry Potter
Yeah he's a scientist
not a witch ☠️

Y/n
HELP
same thing

Scaramouche 🤤
god ur so stupid it amazes me

Y/n
Im academically smart‼️

Scaramouche 🤤
Sure
Also apparently ur in my bio lessons
Can I have the homework answers?

Y/n
Wdym 'apparently'
Also no I haven't done them yet

Scaramouche 🤤
I only recently found out from xiao
Ugh stupid ass
I'll have to ask Dottore then

Y/n
Why is that so bad
He'd probably get all the answers
right

Scaramouche 🤤
Bro have u not seen this guy
He's so stingy w his answers
He never gives any

Y/n
Idk what ur oab
I was his bio partner last year
he gave me all the answers when I asked

Scaramouche 🤤
What???
That's not fair 😐

Y/n
Maybe be just doesn't like u
That's crazy tho considering
u hang out with him

Scaramouche 🤤
No he's like that usually

Y/n
Idk he's actually somewhat tolerable
Read

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Y/n eyebrows furrow as she read the 'read' on the corner of her text message. She glances upwards to look at the far end of the outdoors, Scaramouche is still on his phone, meaning he has deliberately left the girl on read.

Y/n's mind races with possibilities and hindered questions. Her friends stay at the edge of their seats, feeling the tension in the air but then sensing the worry in their female friends face. She didn't seem to be so happy.

"Y/n, what did he say?" Kokomi asks softly, her quiet voice being loud enough to hear among the bustling Nhs and excited students. Yet, this atmosphere felt far from comforting nor happy.

"Uh nothing, I'm just on read." The girl casually says, trying to make it look as if she isn't hurt by the ordeal. He probably had other things on his mind anyway. She was just a random person texting him anyway...